OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: chan_dongle for Asterisk13

The content of this topic has been archived on 12 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

2014-10-24 was released Asterisk 13 (new LTS version). I modified source code of chan_dongle so it can be compiled with this new version. Chan_dongle is Huawei 3G Dongle Channel Driver for Asterisk.
You can download from

http://uloz.to/xttriVxC/asterisk-chan-d … ted-tar-gz

I hope someone find this usefull.

P.

Wow, is compiles fine on Centos 6.6 with Asterisk 13. Hope it will also work fine. Anyway, thank you very much!
It will be nice if you can post a patch to see the changes you made for future releases maybe... but only if you like to share. ;-?

a ri ga to

Nice,is compiles fine on Centos 6.5 with Asterisk 13 with FreePBX 12,but when I do a call and answering the call does not establish and run dongle devices show returns empty and crash asterisk

dongle show de
device   devices
localhost*CLI> dongle show devices
ID           Group State      RSSI Mode Submode Provider Name  Model      Firmware          IMEI             IMSI             Number
dongle0      0     Free       14   0    0       VIVO           E1552      11.609.20.00.00   35344775555551  7240888888  +5561900000
    -- Executing [82353034@from-internal:1] Dial("PJSIP/1000-00000000", "Dongle/dongle0/82353034,60,tr") in new stack
    -- Called Dongle/dongle0/82353034
localhost*CLI> dongle show devices
ID           Group State      RSSI Mode Submode Provider Name  Model      Firmware          IMEI             IMSI             Number

(Last edited by jersonjunior on 27 Feb 2015, 19:04)

[2015-02-27 14:25:24] WARNING[28062] loader.c: Module 'chan_dongle.so' was not compiled with the same compile-time options as this version of Asterisk.
[2015-02-27 14:25:24] WARNING[28062] loader.c: Module 'chan_dongle.so' will not be initialized as it may cause instability.
[2015-02-27 14:25:24] WARNING[28062] loader.c: Module 'chan_dongle.so' could not be loaded.
[2015-02-27 14:25:52] WARNING[28062] loader.c: Module 'chan_dongle.so' was not compiled with the same compile-time options as this version of Asterisk.
[2015-02-27 14:25:52] WARNING[28062] loader.c: Module 'chan_dongle.so' will not be initialized as it may cause instability.
[2015-02-27 14:25:52] WARNING[28062] loader.c: Module 'chan_dongle.so' could not be loaded.

novaktmp wrote:

2014-10-24 was released Asterisk 13 (new LTS version). I modified source code of chan_dongle so it can be compiled with this new version. Chan_dongle is Huawei 3G Dongle Channel Driver for Asterisk.
You can download from

http://uloz.to/xttriVxC/asterisk-chan-d … ted-tar-gz

I hope someone find this usefull.

P.

A lot of thanks! It compiled fine (on arch linux, ODROID-C1), will check if it will funcion OK.

Well, at least I can answer incoming calls and speak normally.
Outgoing calls hangs the module up despite of call reaches the B subscriber (no voice, obviously).
JFTR I use ODROID C1 with Asterisk 13 on Archlinux. My modem is  E1750 fw=11.126.03.91.00.

Hello,
good day. What about asterisk 12 ?

konate wrote:

Hello,
good day. What about asterisk 12 ?

If it works with 13, should work with 12 as well. Not a huge code difference.

Hello,

I have this error :

chan_dongle.c:55:35: fatal error: asterisk/format_cache.h:
file do not exist in asterisk 12

Great work @novaktmp I think if you publish the github link of your work, the community might be helpful

How do the installation does not configure file.
And another version I settled with the following command.
./configure --enable-manager --enable-apps
make
make install

lucianomarav wrote:

How do the installation does not configure file.
And another version I settled with the following command.
./configure --enable-manager --enable-apps
make
make install

May be i can help you but i also need help from you.. Can you send me email : hassaan.execel@gmail.com or can you contact me on my skype: hassaan_raza..
I have installed every thing but i do not fully know how to operate many things

FYI, everything seems to be working nicely (also outgoing calls) with asterisk 13.9.x combined with oleg-krv's chan_dongle version. instructions:

install asterisk 13.9.x:
wget http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telep … ent.tar.gz
aclocal
autoconf
automake -a
./configure
make
make menuselect
make install

install chan_dongle (hint: setting the branch “asterisk13” is crucial!):
git clone -b asterisk13 https://github.com/oleg-krv/asterisk-chan-dongle.git
cd asterisk-chan-dongle
aclocal
autoconf
automake -a
./configure
make install

franky, could you please help me with building chan_dongle for asterisk v1.8?
I have Huawei E3131s-2 to try it.

Thank you in advance.

franky wrote:

FYI, everything seems to be working nicely (also outgoing calls) with asterisk 13.9.x combined with oleg-krv's chan_dongle version. instructions:

install chan_dongle (hint: setting the branch “asterisk13” is crucial!):
git clone -b asterisk13 hxxps://github.com/oleg-krv/asterisk-chan-dongle.git
cd asterisk-chan-dongle
aclocal
autoconf
automake -a
./configure
make install

I always get an error during the automake -a part. It returns the following:

automake: error: no 'Makefile.am' found for any configure output

I've looked everywhere and checked the autotools docs and found out that this Makefile.am is supposed to be provided by the author of the software. Problem is, I don't know what to put into this file.

I've tried installing it in CentOS7 with Asterisk13 and FreePBX13 countless times and with different variations of the install commands. I've also tried it on AsteriskNow 10.13; Both in Oracle VM virtual machines.

Anyone who can point me to the right direction?

The discussion might have continued from here.