OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: releasing PBX (supporting Asterisk) interface for LuCI

The content of this topic has been archived between 6 Apr 2018 and 30 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Crazy wrote:

Nooo ...
Thanks anyway wink

big_smile I didn't say anything about the next version wink

iordan

SIP doesn't register if the registrar is a third level domain, example: "voip.eutelia.it", I had to put IP address instead.

OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09 - Asterisk 1.8 - TP-Link MR3020

(Last edited by pilovis on 22 Feb 2014, 19:09)

I tried opkg install http://i........-11.ipk and the result was

Downloading http://i.......-11.ipk
Unknown pakage 'luci-app-pbx-11'.
Collected errors:
*pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for luci-app-pbx-11 found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

Yes, I'm still a newb..... any suggestions on how to make this work. It's not in the repository I see through Luci. I just refreshed this to the latest snapshot.
Model    Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
Firmware Version     OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r39692 / LuCI Trunk (svn-r9957)
Kernel Version    3.10.28

Same problem here, on latest trunk but luci-app-pbx-11 won't install.

And is there any way to fix the DNS problem with asterisk18, I don't want to use by IP address incase the addresses change.

Hey guys,

There are a few issues here in no particular order. (1) Yes, the packages I originally posted were for brcm47xx architecture. (2) The second thing is that I would first download these packages and then install. (3) The third issue is that you must ensure that the other PBX packages and all asterisk18 packages are removed first, as the new packages don't deal with this (yet).

E.g., please try the following. To clean up:

opkg update
opkg remove luci-app-pbx luci-app-pbx-voicemail
opkg remove $(opkg list | grep asterisk18 | awk '{print $1}')

To download the packages:

wget http://iiordanov.com/files/pbx/luci-app-pbx-11.ipk
wget http://iiordanov.com/files/pbx/luci-app … ail-11.ipk

To install:

opkg install luci-app-pbx-11.ipk
opkg install luci-app-pbx-voicemail-11.ipk

Tell me whether this worked better smile

Cheers!
iordan

Is this already in the latest SVN trunk?

Hi Mazi,

No, it's not there yet. I just wanted to get people's reactions before I create the new packages. I also haven't had time to actually get it in there anyway smile.

Cheers!
iordan

Thanks.

Once again, whoever is following this topic, it would be nice if you helped me test this!

1) To clean up your system of conflicting packages:

opkg update

2) To download the packages:

3) To install the new packages and dependencies:

Installed and working today for *outgoing* GoogleTalk and SIP provider.

Hostname    WZR-HP-G300NH
Model    Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
Firmware Version     OpenWrt by mk13139 r40572 / LuCI Trunk (svn-r9977)
Kernel Version    3.10.36
Local Time    Fri May 16 00:47:25 2014

The outgoing GTalk call is working however it does not show as an entry in the Status on the Main Page. It does show as an option in the call routing.

One thing for convenience Dancho -- there is no Tab or link back to the Main status page requiring one to go through the main router menu to go back to PBX and see the connection status....not a big deal though.

I'll work on testing the voice mail over the next week if I can get incoming working. Thank you again for your hard work, brilliance, and overall kindness.

For anyone who hasn't followed Dancho's work on this I just want to say it is the most user friendly way to start a home PBX I've seen. I've tried a lot of things and most cause a normal person to give up over the complexity of the installation or network configuration. Dancho has made this so easy to use and deserves recognition. I have incoming/outgoing GTalk & SIP local number, outgoing VoipBusterPro long distance, and free incoming local numbers located in neighboring province/state and from the UK all working from a single phone extension.

(Last edited by silicone on 17 May 2014, 17:35)

I'm still having a problem with incoming calls - they get rejected and instantly trigger the SIP providers voice mail path. I've tried numerous suggestions to address this problem around the web but none of them work or seem to apply given this is a later version Asterisk or that it is resident on the router itself versus a computer behind with NAT issues (unsure if this is relevant or how to troubleshoot it right now). Any advice is appreciated.

I note that the .conf files are completely written over on each reboot by the contents of the templates. Changes to settings like insecure or qualify are therefore not maintained so troubleshooting involves editing the template files.

(Last edited by silicone on 17 May 2014, 17:35)

OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r40867 / LuCI Trunk (svn-r10249)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tested "luci-pbx" for asterisk 1.8  from last trunk, and I found some mistakes in default configuration files:

1) /etc/asterisk/sip.conf

"dtmfmode = inband" doesn't work, use instead "dtmfmode = rfc2833"

2) /etc/asterisk/msmtprc

"from voicemail@pbx" will be rejected from almost all mailservers, use instead "from voicemail@realdomain.com"

3) /etc/pbx-voicemail/pbx-send-voicemail

at the end of the file:

mv --backup=t "$ATTACHMENT" "$SAVEPATH/$FILENAME"

is not a valid command, use instead:

mv -f "$ATTACHMENT" "$SAVEPATH/$FILENAME"

After changing the above settings by editing the template files in /etc/pbx-asterisk and /etc/pbx-voicemail directories, everything worked very well, including Voicemail smile

Thanks for your excellent job!

Maurizio

(Last edited by pilovis on 29 May 2014, 22:14)

dancho, can you provide updated sources for these packages, or create a github repo for collaboration to get some of the issues nailed down more quickly/easily?

I'm building x86_64 images and packages and I'd like to include Asterisk 11 support, including this UI.  I'm new to OpenWRT development, but I have well over 10 years Asterisk experience, so we should be able to knock this into shape.

I'd love to see this updated to support Asterisk 11.  Currently the luci-app-pbx in 14.07-rc3 has dependency issues.  Using the luci-app-pbx-11.ipk located in this thread has similar dependency issues.

rhpot1991: This is the issue of BB 14.07-rc3 release. If you build BB yourself, the packages should be compilable without a problem.

There is a lot of asterisk packages missing in OpenWrt 14.07-rc3 release. This was caused by some issue with curl and this should be currently solved. So for the upcoming final release everything should be OK.

dancho - thanks for this. My sip account is working perfectly with my wzrhpg300nh router. Google voice is not working both incoming and outgoing. Any changes to be taken into account post the XMPP protocol discontinued in May 2014 by google?

morth123 wrote:

dancho - thanks for this. My sip account is working perfectly with my wzrhpg300nh router. Google voice is not working both incoming and outgoing. Any changes to be taken into account post the XMPP protocol discontinued in May 2014 by google?

My mistake... just a few settings change and both google voice & SIP URI (Callcentric) are working fine. I can now make / receive phone calls from my Linphone android client. Its all working great!!

Can someone help me in achieving this

I use an Android phone so my google account is integrated with my phone. Any incoming calls to my google voice number rings my hangout application in android. My outgoing calls are primarily US numbers so I dial out from my hangout app.

I want to get rid of Linphone and route all incoming calls to my google voice number. I have couple of spare google voice accounts which can be used for forwarding the incoming calls to android registered google account. Say user A calls my Callcentric SIP URI and asterisk forwards (through one of the spare google voice account) the call to my google voice number. I will receive the call in hangout app.

Thanks
Moorthy

dancho wrote:
Crazy wrote:

Nooo ...
Thanks anyway wink

big_smile I didn't say anything about the next version wink

iordan

hi dancho.. I have been using this for a week and its rock solid.

When your releasing the next version with transfer capabilities. Thanks

tested on Attitude Adjustment, voicemail does not work!
Why you used uuencode for voicemail?
uuencoede is not available on A.A. nor base64!

Also:

1) /etc/asterisk/sip.conf

"dtmfmode = inband" doesn't work, use instead "dtmfmode = rfc2833"

2) /etc/asterisk/msmtprc

"from voicemail@pbx" will be rejected from almost all mailservers, use instead "from voicemail@realdomain.com"

3) /etc/pbx-voicemail/pbx-send-voicemail

at the end of the file:

mv --backup=t "$ATTACHMENT" "$SAVEPATH/$FILENAME"

is not a valid command, use instead:

mv -f "$ATTACHMENT" "$SAVEPATH/$FILENAME"

too many errors! smile

(Last edited by pilovis on 30 Dec 2014, 07:36)

Hello All

I have TPLINK WR1043ND powered by LuCI Trunk (0.12+svn-r10530) OpenWrt Barrier Breaker 14.07 and Asterisk PBX with GUI.

I also have two Linksys PAP2 adapter and 4 SIP accounts. I have 2 SIP account from same providers (actio.pl) to receive incoming calls and two SIP accounts to make the outbound calls with freevoipdeal.com. I have two accounts created under "User Accounts" 2005 and 2007.

Problem #1

is with the incoming calls. If under "Call Routing/Incoming Calls"

- if I leave empty phones ring
- if I only add one of the usernames works fine
- if I fill both usernames phone does not ring anymore!

Problem #2
i call a number which say "press 1 if you..." it does not work

- it does work when i connect directly in the adapter, but not through Asterisk!

Problem #3

PBX Service Status window is normally empty and only show status once I change some settings and go back

Please if anyone can help would be great, I am a noob with Asterisk hence I was happy to find this GUI.

Kind regards,

Mo

Hi, I communicate in this way because I have not been able to run a asterisk in openwrt. My goal is very simple. make Asterisk dial a number and play a message. I really ask for help in this way because I do not understand despite having read days about setting asterisk. I need to know how to connect to an account camundanet.com

in summary, I have two problems ... a) Connect to sip account camundanet b) make openwrt dial a telephone number and playing an audio message.

(Last edited by nesch.consulting on 28 Mar 2015, 02:16)

dancho wrote:

Hey guys,

There are a few issues here in no particular order. (1) Yes, the packages I originally posted were for brcm47xx architecture. (2) The second thing is that I would first download these packages and then install. (3) The third issue is that you must ensure that the other PBX packages and all asterisk18 packages are removed first, as the new packages don't deal with this (yet).

E.g., please try the following. To clean up:

opkg update

To download the packages:

To install:

Tell me whether this worked better smile

Cheers!
iordan

hi, i have tested your great app.
I only found a problem in the Call routing for Incoming Calls:
if you have more than 1 account and you leave it all as default there are no problem... all the user account will ring if 1 of the sip receive a call.
If you want that that some sip have to ring only for a specific user it will no more work... I have only added for some sip a specific user... the result is that the user account will no more ring...
Anyone have some suggestion?

Is this still supported?  I am getting the following error in 15.05 when installing:

Installing luci-app-pbx (git-15.248.30277-3836b45-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calm … 1_all.ipk.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for luci-app-pbx:
*     asterisk18-chan-gtalk *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-pbx.

rhpot1991 wrote:

Is this still supported?  I am getting the following error in 15.05 when installing:

Installing luci-app-pbx (git-15.248.30277-3836b45-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calm … 1_all.ipk.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for luci-app-pbx:
*     asterisk18-chan-gtalk *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-pbx.

Asterisk is very badly compiled in chaos calmer, many asterisk modules are missing like asterisk chan-gtalk.
Use Barrier Breaker instead.

pilovis wrote:

Asterisk is very badly compiled in chaos calmer, many asterisk modules are missing like asterisk chan-gtalk.
Use Barrier Breaker instead.

Agreed, both 11 and 13 seem to be missing motif support, which I believe is needed for Google Voice/Talk.  I'm just going to run on Ubuntu then I guess.