OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OpenWRT builds (CC) fully featured for various routers

The content of this topic has been archived between 7 Oct 2014 and 5 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

When I connect to my router the banner shows this:

CHAOS CALMER (Bleeding Edge, r44236)

So I have to believe that this is the correct version. You can try to redownload r44236 and perform the upgrade again.

DaCarrs wrote:

When I connect to my router the banner shows this:

So I have to believe that this is the correct version. You can try to redownload r44236 and perform the upgrade again.

This is very strange indeed, I re-download r44236 and it still give me the same checksum as r43757.

Just to be clear that we are on the same page, kindly verify the followings:

Router used: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v2
Builds used: mk13139 CC r44236
Build filename: ar71xx.7z (filesize: 101541KB) located in Trunk/r44236 folder
Image filename: openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin (filesize: 6849KB)
Image checksum:
- CRC-32: d60b406f
- MD5: 004e0b2f452b6acdecc5a026a414608f

Also if possible, kindly post a screen-dump of the login screen as all previous mk13139 build doesn't display "CHAOS CALMER" text anywhere on the web user interface. TIA.

(Last edited by AL on 13 Feb 2015, 04:27)

I redownloaded the file, r44236 (trunk) and the MD5 is not the same as yours, mine is:
- MD5: f91bd19f7dda4f133673097fd257831d
- Filesize: 7012356Kb

The same as the one in the md5sums file.

Luci states: OpenWrt by mk13139 r44236 / LuCI Master (git-15.029.55606-84346cd)
and the complete banner of an SSH connection is:

BusyBox v1.22.1 (2015-02-01 19:04:31 CET) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

_______                     ________        __
|       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
|   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
|_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
-----------------------------------------------------
  * 1 1/2 oz Gin            Shake with a glassful
  * 1/4 oz Triple Sec       of broken ice and pour
  * 3/4 oz Lime Juice       unstrained into a goblet.
  * 1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
  * 1 tsp. Grenadine Syrup

Try to download the file again and try, check md5sum file.

I have download the file many time with the same result. Why it's the file you downloaded is so much bigger than normal (about 100MB)? And your MD5 hashcheck is for the downloaded file or the image file?

Okay now I get what you're talking about with regard to "CHAOS CALMER" text, this doesn't appear anywhere on the web GUI. As you can see, my is still on r43757.

BusyBox v1.22.1 (2014-12-21 13:38:47 CET) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

_______                     ________        __
|       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
|   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
|_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
CHAOS CALMER (Bleeding Edge, r43757)
  * 1 1/2 oz Gin            Shake with a glassful
  * 1/4 oz Triple Sec       of broken ice and pour
  * 3/4 oz Lime Juice       unstrained into a goblet.
  * 1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
  * 1 tsp. Grenadine Syrup

This is very puzzling and is the first time I have encountered before, I don't have any issue with mk13139 previous release. Kindly confirm that you're downloading from the same URL on the first page of this thread?

(Last edited by AL on 17 Feb 2015, 01:40)

I can confirm you that I have downloaded the file from the URL on the first post, this is the link the folder from I have downloaded the file:
http://goo.gl/Qaesb0

Holly-crap, think I found the reason. There are 2 version in the archive, one generic and the other for r44236, I been using the generic one all this while which is the case for previous built. It's puzzling why this release is pack this way, no wonder the file-size is so much bigger.

It must be it, I always used specific version for my router and had no problem so far.

Any updated builds?, or is this thread dead?

There is a newer build in the link, but no update to first post.

yea over a month and a week old smile

Maybe Op is on vacation!!

Please new builds!! hahahah.

Thanks!! smile

Sorry I'm very busy lately.
But new builds are up! smile

Be careful with 45066 trunk build. It might be very reboot happy...
45061 and 45064 broke WiFi causing constant reboots for me. Then 45069 fixed the problem.
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/19329

EDIT:
Two additional duplicate bugs have already been reported about the same reboot loop issue:
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/19343
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/19337

The issue only affects wifi driver, so turning wifi off may enable recovery and flashing another firmware version.

(Last edited by hnyman on 29 Mar 2015, 07:38)

44952 (in Barrier Breaker) is OK, I assume?

45066 is in Trunk, a path that I tend to ignore (is there some advantage to that path in general?).

Anyone tried 45066 on a WR1043ND v2? I don't have serial to recover and I'm 100% sure after the comment of hnyman.

(Last edited by DaCarrs on 28 Mar 2015, 19:55)

hi, is there any CC build for 841N v8 with DNScrypt-proxy, try to install it by myself using trunk/superwrt/etc, seems no space..

Is there a reason why previous builds is included in the current release? R44236 contain builds from r43757, whilst the latest release r45066 also contain both previous release!

Anyway, wouldn't be flashing any OpenWrt firmware (or DD-WRT) as I need Hardware NAT support, without it the max WAN-to-LAN throughput is less than 300Mbps.

Hello, can you make this build for tp-link 2543nd, please?

New builds:
* BB: r44952
* Trunk: r45179

Though 44952 was posted before -- not sure why the timestamp was touched. Perhaps because of the update to the CC build.

Right, the BB was the previous one, only the Trunk's one is new.

I've decided to completely scrap my build environment and start all over again, I was getting some funky behaviour...
As you may have noticed, I've posted CC 45179 and BB 44952 (reupload) which are build with my new environment.
There should be no differences in the builds, except from maybe some redundant old packages.

@DaCarrs
Feel free to try r45179, it's running fine here wink.

@arielp
As you've noticed yourself, there is no space left for any packages on 4mb flash routers..

@AL
No, there is no reason for this at all. This has happend by accident. Please try the latest build.

@SorinFCS
Sure, I will add it to my next build.

@rseiler
The timestamp is touched because this r44952 was build using my new environment. Since the previous r44952 build no changes were made by the dev's.

Thanks for all the fine work, mk13139.

I'm thinking of going to CC from BB even though it's not done yet. Except for the odd Very Bad issue (45066), I really haven't seen any notable complaints, and I think it's pretty far along now (the original goal was for it to be finished by the end of 2014). Here's my question:

While I typically DO keep settings when upgrading within the same major version (e.g. BB to BB), and that has never caused a problem, I'm wondering if jumping major versions (e.g. BB to CC) means that I should wipe settings.

Yes, you should definitely upgrade from BB to CC without keeping your current configuration!
Maybe now it will work, since BB has been split off fairly recently (thus the config is more or less the same). However to be safe I would say upgrade without config conservation.

Just installed r45179 on a WR1043NDv2 and I see there is almost no space left on the device, with previous version I had about 400Kb and now less than 200Kb and after a few moments less than 100Kb, and I cannot even install dnscrypt.
Can it be the new transmission package?

(Last edited by DaCarrs on 31 Mar 2015, 21:47)

Sorry, posts 401 to 400 are missing from our archive.