OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Give away ISP equipment to Openwrt

The content of this topic has been archived on 25 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi I work at a recycling place for old ISP equipment.
So I get anything from a small what ever router like Zyxel to a big Cisco router to send away to get melted in to metal again.

Any way I was thinking that if I am going to recycle this equipment I might instead give the Openwrt some hardware to play with in the process. That way Openwrt could get even more hardware support.

For now I might be able to give away D-LINK DES-3528/3828 if some one in the Openwrt project would be interested.
I got a lot more but if there is no interest then there is no point for me to list stuff.

I may not be able to do anything with this 24-port Giga switch except to use it. If you are willing to ship it out for free to GA 30047, I don't mind to accept and make use of it.

First question, @fondueboy where are you located?

Need help to rebuild a old server
CPU: Quad Intel  Xeon-A , 2400 MHz (4.5 x 533)
Motherboard ID: <DMI>
Motherboard Name : Supermicro  P4DEE/X5DEI/X5DE8/P4DE6
Motherboard Chipset : ServerWorks Grand Champion SL
L1 Cache : 20 KB
L2 Cache : 512 KB (On-Die , Full-Speed)
System Memory: 1024 MB (PC600 RDRAM)
Bios Type: AMI  PCI PnP  (12/12/03
Communication Port : 2 serial, 1 parallel
Video Adapter : ATI 3D-Rage XL (8 MB)
Adaptec [Formerly: DPT] Raptor SmartRaid Controller
Hard Disk Capacity (BIOS) : 140014 MB (70006+35004+35004)
Network Adapter: 2 Intel 82544XT Pro/1000 MT Desktop Adapter
I’m a volunteer IT person for a free Auxier Learning Center for 10 years now donation are now down over 75% we used to get old machines in what I rebuild for persons who made their GED they got a free computer .Plus I  show them how to use the machines .If I was able to save the operating system we used that if not I bud on a free Linux systems .With that said  I used the server from home there I’m disabled  I just got 7 new SCSI drive for the server and 4 new SDRAM for the server bud found out the new SCSI drive won’t work on the server .I jumped to fast on the deal the SCSI drives in the server are the old type big plug the new one’s are “SCSI” but with the new power plug looking a way to connected external can any on help with any donation of a external SCSI box “used old or new” and can help me to get it back online

The discussion might have continued from here.