OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Free: BT Home Hub2B - 2xMIPS CPUs, 32M Flash, 64M RAM, ADSL2+, Ath9160

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have two BT Home Hub v2.0B modem/routers available. Unlocking is easy via ethernet. I will give these to active OpenWRT developers interested in working on this device free of charge. For an OpenWRT build plus patches see: http://www.psidoc.com/showthread.php/49 … 1#post4635

I have applied these patches to OpenWRT Trunk (34105) and it builds fine. Work is needed to integrate the patches with trunk and to implement Linux Kernel 3.6.6 on the device (an SMP Kernel would be cool). If you are an active OpenWRT Developer and would like one of these, contact me and state your case. I expect to mail them next weekend. I will pay postage and include a UK 230v power supply. If you are interested in DECT/Voip, I may be able to provide a BT DECT handset.

BT Home Hub v2.0B specification:

SoC: Lantiq Danube-S PSB 50712 @ 333MHz (Dual Core MIPS)
RAM: 64MiB - Samsung K4H511638F
NAND Flash: 32MiB - Samsung K9F5608U0D-JIB0
Wireless: Atheros 9160-BC1A 802.11b/g/n
ADSL2+
Voip DSP (Second core is normally used for this)
Analog phone interfacing
USB 2.0
UARTs
GPIO interfaces
Ethernet switch: Infineon AD9669I - 2*1000mbit ethernet
MMC, SPI, GCI/IOM2
32 GPIOs, LED controller
Hardware Encryption/Hashing (DES, AES, MD5, SHA1, RC4)
NOR Flash: 4MiB - Spansion S29AL004D
DECT: SiTel SC14488
Slic: Teridian 73m1966, Infineon Vinetic PEF4268F 'Ringing SLIC with Integrated DC/DC Converter'

See http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/bt/homehub_v2b & http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Danube

Hi Guys,

I have one of these routers. Got it for peanuts (£10) and its proving to be very
useful with open-wrt as I can load 'everything and the kitchen sink' into its 32MB of flash.
I have a TPLink 703n as well ... 4MB of flash left me stuck when experimenting with extra software packages.

No need to open the BT Hub2B box to root...

Currently running it with a USB 3G Modem Huawei e160 but would REALLY like to
get the now infamous Huawei e353 hilink working with it (Current: Trunk rev 32105)

Also would be great if a multiprocessor kernel was available as I believe a good performance boost could be got,
any suggestions?

Any devs would be getting a great box to play with...

"I have a TPLink 703n as well ... 4MB of flash left me stuck when experimenting with extra software packages."
Quite easy to install packages to USB with ext_root. (Just involves some extra symlinks to point to the relevant libraries, which error messages tell you about when you try to run the new package. I got several things to work, & I'm not remotely competent. smile )

(Last edited by denovo on 22 Nov 2012, 22:49)

Wishing all of you a Happy New Year.

I have another BT Home Hub V2B to give away. PM me, make your case and I'll post it to you.

if u still have the device i am interested in playing with the hardware since it has capable specs for linux

The discussion might have continued from here.