OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Help with Asus RT-N10+ (Ralink RT3050F ) custom build

The content of this topic has been archived on 1 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I followed up the steps on this website and forum for doing a build for this router. i was able to complete the build but since the source code does not have machine configuration for this router i tried installing
D-Link DIR-300 B1 (similar specs) and it worked (except incorrect led notification, incorrect LAN port mapping i had to use LAN 2 for my WAN connection, no wifi, no web admin). other wise i was able to do ssh , ping telnet external network using wired connection.

Can someone please point me  point in correct direction (links etc ) for creating correct configuration for this router. maybe modify the existing DIR-300 B1 configuration.

DD-WRT has a build for this router but is too big to support python for serial port communication. i tired firmware modification kit but no good, the resulting ROM is too big for this router.
The source code for DD-WRT is too big for my data plan to download and do a fresh build.

My Primary requirement is to read sensor data from serial port and send it over TCP/IP over WiFi. i do not require any other functionality at all.

Any help is much appreciated from the community

--Thanks

Thanks jow for the quick response will follow the change set and make the changes accordingly

how does one map the led's and ports correctly is it just trial and error one one need to lookup hardware for the mapping.

Hi Freewheelie, a friend of mine has this router and he asked me to install openwrt on it, very very good to know that the dir-300 port almost work on it, when you have finished creating a firmware for it, could you let us know here please ?
Thanks.

Hello,

I also purchased this router and am looking to port OpenWRT.  I used your advice of a DIR-300 B1 build and it's working here.

I've written up a few things here, notably how to upload using TFTP: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/asus/rt-n10plus

If you're working on a patchset for this, please let me know as I'm going to try and craft one up too.

Very happy to note that I've made a lot of progress in the last few days and I have a build customized for the RT-N10+.

WiFi is working and I have almost figured out the port mapping.  In the mean time, WAN and LAN 1-3 are the LAN ports and LAN4 is the WAN port.

Patch against trunk is on the wiki.

Thanks for the effort.

Because your RT-N10+ seems to use the same Edimax Board than the Getnet GR-124W i still have on the attic i might try to flash it with your config.
Except the Getnet has only 16MB Ram.

Could you, please, provide me with binary firmware file for RT-N10+ (actually I own RT-N10 B1 which is the same device).

trickv wrote:

Very happy to note that I've made a lot of progress in the last few days and I have a build customized for the RT-N10+.

WiFi is working and I have almost figured out the port mapping.  In the mean time, WAN and LAN 1-3 are the LAN ports and LAN4 is the WAN port.

Patch against trunk is on the wiki.

Did anybody tested it with "RT-N10" (B, NON-PLUS!). Since it's name is a sub-string it's hard to find information on still RT-N10; and it's chars seems very similar to this one.

For owners who has RT-N10 and HW ver B1, please note that its the same hardware as RT-N10+.

The normal RT-N10 image is for Broadcom, the B1 is ramips.

The recommended image to use with RT-N10 hw ver B1 is:

https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_cal … pgrade.bin

The discussion might have continued from here.