OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: questions about dedicated P.A. & LNA, tl-wa7210n, wr2041n

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi, I have questions about the built-in PA (power amplifer) and most importantly the LNA (low noise amplifer), tl-wa7210n has dedicated PA & LNA that may improve the performance in noisy wireless enviroment.I believe UBNT or other products must have this component.

While outdoor device is relatively expensive, I found that indoor like wr2041n has similar PA&LNA IC.

PunBB bbcode test
PunBB bbcode test

My QUESTION is , is it just hard drived, OR need to have code to support the PA & LNA IC?

Found no other indoor products that has dedicated LNA chip, any idea?
Still no official support for wr2041n in OpenWrt....

On wa7210n gpio 28 enables LNA. PA always enabled. But cant find the way to change antenna.

miguelcba21 wrote:

On wa7210n gpio 28 enables LNA. PA always enabled. But cant find the way to change antenna.

Hi, miguelcba21,

thank you for your input.
Could you put some source code about gpio 28?
what gpio controls PA?

It's why so many hardware modification fails because PA & LNA are not properly initialized and configured, so quite weak signal.

There must be a three-way switch in the RF frontend: PA active, LNA active, passthrough. Is it to always keep PA_EN at 1,so the LNA can be activated during RX operation?How to activate the PA? by GPIO?

There also must be a way to configure antenna, maybe the water is not so deep as imagined,but no clue right now.

PunBB bbcode test

(Last edited by eeff11 on 8 May 2014, 16:48)

The discussion might have continued from here.