OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Easybox 904 LTE open source code to be provide soon

The content of this topic has been archived between 1 Apr 2018 and 5 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Actually, I'm at fault for not double checking the result. So, my bad, sorry.
Kinda embarassing but oh well. I'll set a spare machine to chew on that hash tonight.

Also, I'm not on irc atm but I can probably stop by tomorrow.

Gents,

I recently adquired an EasyBox 940 xDSL to connect to Vodafone in Spain.

I need to setup DSL and voice parameters in this router as spanish vodafone provider. I know thos parameters but I don't know how to login as a root or similar user to configure this router.

Please, could you tell me how to login as a root?

I know EasyBox router has a password 123456 for root user as you can see at astoria networks site:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5576/ys3q.png

@ http://www.astorianetworks.com/astoria/faq_detail4.html

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alex

I think you should reset the router with the button in the back.
On the Easybox 904 LTE you can Setup the password a the first login.

The Easybox 904 LTE is "locked and branded" for Vodafone.
Only their APN is set up in the Firmware and you can't change it over the web interface.
But if you want i can modificate the Image so that you can access the settings over a shell (telnet)
I didn't tried it on a 904 xdsl but on the 904 LTE it works.

Best regards

Ok, thanks for your advice middey, but I just need access to VoIP and DSL setup.

Maybe if I have its sources fileslike those for LTE version, I would be able to change setup parameters and compile it.

Same issue as with 904 LTE, but Astoria Networks did not publish 904 xDSL sources.

Best Regards.

The source code is published now for the easybox 904 LTE.
But it have no ethernet and no wireless drivers in it as far as i can see.
I extracted the squashfs from an Update File and set the directory for making squashfs in the openwrt buildroot to this.
So i can make the modifications and build the fullimage.img to flash it over TFTP

PS: If someone can help with the drivers or a second stage bootloader please write here.

Best regards
middey

Today the 904 LTE is on sale. It can bought for 39€.

I read that it is possible to get access via telnet. Is it possible to made some modifiactions and get access to the USB ports run external hardware?

It should be possible. The most of the files in the firmware are shell scripts.
You can modify the firmware with the Firmware Mod Kit.
Have you already and easybox 904 lte or xdsl ?
If you have an Easybox 904 LTE i can send you my firmware iamge with telnet enabled.
You can send me a private message for the download link.

Best regards

I'm also interestied in the fw file with telnet access.

I received my box 8 hours ago and have already access to the bootloader.
But wan't to modify apn for other provider.

Best regards

@earthquake have you the password for the bootloader ?
I'm working on modifying the buildroot if i finished i will build a new firmware on the 3.07 base.
If somebody wan't to chat or an older version of the modified firmware, please join #easybox904 on freenode irc (I'm there at 7pm (UTC+01:00) at the other times my bouncer is there)

Here are some additional fotos for
Wifi:
http://www0.xup.in/tn/2014_01/45972189.jpeg
LTEModem:
http://www0.xup.in/exec/ximg.php?fid=19038958
Firmware is already in the chip and shouldn't be modified.

Hi,
I hope I can contribute something. My provider sent me an Easybox 904 xDSL and I was annoyed because it uses open wrt but you can't do anything useful but i wanted to know my SIP login. So I started to test things and I was able to get a root shell on firmware 3.07. Because this is the first time I do stuff like this I don't know how to publish the information and should I because of legal consequences?

I don't know what legal consequences it could have, but can you send me a message how you did it via private message or write in the irc  #easybox904 irc.freenode.org

postal_dude wrote:

Hi,
I hope I can contribute something. My provider sent me an Easybox 904 xDSL and I was annoyed because it uses open wrt but you can't do anything useful but i wanted to know my SIP login. So I started to test things and I was able to get a root shell on firmware 3.07. Because this is the first time I do stuff like this I don't know how to publish the information and should I because of legal consequences?

Hi, I have the same "toy" from Vodafone.

Please send me in private some words about how you did it.

Tks  in advance !

Hello,
have some boxes to play with. Could you please provide pinout for the serial interface pins (because you had it allready working and I have not to try again)?

Regards

I was wondering how to Build an Image for the 904 xDSL (VDSL) here in Germany.
Astoria already provided sources for the device up to 3.10 ( http://www.astorianetworks.com/astoria/ … 20LTE.html ) whereas Vodafone only ships 3.07 to their boxes...

Has anybody some tutorials or hints for me, how to build up an image from the source - maybe with windows? Any experiences regarding Astoria's 3.10 or even WRT running on 904 xDSL?

Regards,

Philipp

phill.cc wrote:

I was wondering how to Build an Image for the 904 xDSL (VDSL) here in Germany.
Astoria already provided sources for the device up to 3.10 ( http://www.astorianetworks.com/astoria/ … 20LTE.html ) whereas Vodafone only ships 3.07 to their boxes...

Has anybody some tutorials or hints for me, how to build up an image from the source - maybe with windows? Any experiences regarding Astoria's 3.10 or even WRT running on 904 xDSL?

Regards,

Philipp

Tks for good news!

Try to build with Linux OS (Ubuntu is better).

Tried with Debian Squeeze. Worked very well. Unfortunately Astoria does not include the needed Lantiq Driver Version (3.0.11 and 3.0.8) so I had to edit the package manually and use the latedt ones avail for openWRT (3.0.4). Uploaded via TFTP to U-Boot. Now the box seems bricked... But we'll try again.

Hello!

Someone able  to compile a working image for 904xdsl from any source given by Astoria Network?

After all compilation,with default config and different settings, in /bin/platform_vr9/  the factory.bin and sysupgrade.bin are always missing.

The size for NAND is set to 512MB...  Options are set minimal ....   Cant find the reason ...

I have found another "work" for 904xdsl,  but only source, no firmware compiled: http://www.randomprojects.org/wiki/Voda … x_904_xDSL

Tks!

i`m not sure if it`s already known but want to mention it for everyone:
taken from the extracted firmware:

if [ "`ccfg_cli get AlwaysOn@ssh`" == "off" ] ; then
                # dropbear => If sesame.txt exists in the first partition of USB storage, router can start dropbear daemon.

so placing a 0-byte file "sesame.txt" on an usb stick, putting it into the easybox starts dropbear instantly - with SSH.

Unfortunately, dropboard seems not to allow password based login, only key-login. so somehow we have to prove dropbear with our public key to be able to login..

Looking forward to what you do with it

Have fun!

(Last edited by ndsrox on 11 Jun 2014, 22:46)

Hi i just tried to build firmware 3.10 for the xdsl model.
I flashed it but it stops hanging in boot loop.
So I have 2 questions:

1) has someone the pw for uboot (recent pws did not work)? Because i think the silent mode of uboot hides me reading the boot log

2)  has someone successfully builded 3.10 without any modifications?

Regards,
Morpheu5

can anyone explain how to change the apn on the easybox 904 LTE if possible yet? thanks!

Any news about the 904 xDSL?
I have to read out the VoIP/SIP information (password) to get get rid of this beast.
I think the 904 has good hardware, but the sw is not ready.

Best regards
Daniel

I have restarted my investigation.
I take a look into the /etc/init.d/telnet and found the followed row:

/tmp/usb/ansmach/telnetd -l /bin/login.sh

Means that if the telnetd exists on usb stick in folder ansmach that it will starts telnetd?