OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Avalon 2 OpenWRT CGminer WR703N - Proxy for other mining equipment

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi All,
I have an Avalon 2 with OpenWRT mining with CGminer.
I also have 38gh BE Cube(ethernet) and a BFL Jalkapeno(USB)
I want point my BE Cube miner to the CGminer on the Avalon so I don't need to have a proxy server/BFGminer running on a separate computer

On my computer I have BFGminer running and I am able to point the BE Cube to the ip address(of computer) and the BFGminer will add a device called PXY0. That works fine (this is instead of running proxy server software)

Avalon:
TP-LINK TL-WR703N v1
OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r38816 / LuCI Trunk (svn-r9934)
cgminer 3.9.0-1
IP 192.168.1.254

tried pointing the Cube to 192.168.1.254:3333 - will not mine, switches to pool (B)
tried to install BFGminer on openWRT - do not have enough space free (56k left) ( I am guessing that when I did the opkg install command some stuff was downloaded)
tried to add a USB HUb & Stick  - preFormated w/ext2 - device does not appear in /dev
tried to add any dependencies  (Kmod-USB2 etc as per wiki) I get this error:
satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-usb-storage:
*      kernel (= 3.10.36-1-af8baec28992320f4130655ccee78bbb) *         kernel (= 3.10.36-1-af8baec28992320f4130655ccee78bbb) *

My goal here is to have the openWRT on the Avalon run all my mining equipment so I don't have to have a separate computer running at the same time (tried RapPi - not able to handle the speed of the BE Cube under  BFGminer - results in lower GHs)

I have scoured the internet but can find a solution to my 3 problems, as each solution is thwarted by one of the  problems I have listed

can this be done??

if I need to reflash OpenWRT - please be specific as I have never done that.

Thanks for help

Did you ever find a way of converting that device back to non avalon openwrt?

(Last edited by projects on 6 Nov 2014, 01:22)

Can you PLEASE share your findings on this?

The discussion might have continued from here.