OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: About LuCI2

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all,

I would like to have real multi-user for web, so I want to use and know more about LuCI2. It seems not much discussion on LuCI2 in recent time.
It looks like LuCI2 project is still in update not long before, I don't know if there is a released version.
I remember a few weeks ago when I installed luci package, it was automatically LuCI2 installed and shown in menuconfig, but I cannot remember which version of OpenWrt it was. I cannot find the way to install LuCI2 for neither Barrier Breaker nor Attitude Adjustment now.
Is there any body using LuCI2 as web interface?
If I want to immigrant my module on LuCI to LuCI2, is it straightforward, such as just a copy work?
Thank you.

@Zajec: LuCI is a contraction of Lua and UCI. As LuCI2 is no longer based on these but rather on JS, XHR and ubus, I suggest using a completely different name to avoid confusion.

Hi Zajec, thank you for reply. I see it is totally different from LuCI, maybe Squonk have a good suggestion.

I built LuCI2 with Barrier Breaker. When I visit 192.168.1.1/luci2.html, I think this might be same as index.html, it has a login option. I fill up username and password, it is stunned at “Loading data…”。
I don't know the reason of it. it sounds like a silly question, I am sorry.

And also, I failed to build it on 12.09 for a board. Error is below.

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
crypt
    linked by target "luci2-plugin" in directory /xxx/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/luci2-2014-04-13-802816d/rpcd

(Last edited by stone8936 on 16 Apr 2014, 12:16)

Any sneak preview of LuCI2?

alphasparc wrote:

Any sneak preview of LuCI2?

Hey, it's open source!

1) Add new feed into "feeds.conf":

src-git luci2 git://git.openwrt.org/project/luci2/ui.git

2) Install LuCI2 package

./scripts/feeds update
./scripts/feeds install luci2

3) Select it in "make menuconfig"
4) Compile!

Just a screenshot to sate my curiosity?
Too lazy to test the build...

In trunk, build process is all right. But it seems not quite stable.
As I mentioned, I use LuCI2 on Compex WP543, I cannot login.
I also tried LuCI2 on Tplink tl-wdr3600. I can login this time, but I cannot do changes, such as setting password, flashing image, reset configuration and so on.

I have LuCI2 working on a Hornet-UB 16MB Flash / 32 MB DRAM, but it looks like it is not stable yet: I can login and do stuff, but sometimes the UI just freezes and no action is taken.

I tried uploading a new firmware, and it hanged with the progression bar running indefinitely.

The network icons on the main status page are also jumping on every refresh.

But it looks very promising.

It looks like jow is the main developer, but Zajec updated the Wiki some time ago.

Can someone provide a status, explain the goals, the design choices, etc?

As it is now almost pure Javascript, I a msure some among us could pick up the things that are not working.

Sorry, dead thread. Does anyone have screenshots of LuCI2?

stone8936 wrote:
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
crypt
    linked by target "luci2-plugin" in directory /xxx/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/luci2-2014-04-13-802816d/rpcd

Dear Stone,
I have the same crypt link issue. So, how do you solve this problem? Just install again?
Any other related module I should build-in when use menuconfig?

Thanks.

Hi, anyone has solved the crypt link issue so far?

The discussion might have continued from here.