OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Minimal Asterisk installation on Tp-link WR841ND v8 - is possible ?

The content of this topic has been archived on 11 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

The point is, i found around many people tell is possible to have minimal Asterisk installation on a router also with 2 MB of FLASH, but all topics and blog post are about different models and different version ( older ) of OpenWRT and Asterisk.

Now i would like to ask, and if someone have some notice or can point me out some tutorial should be very nice, if i can find a Way to install on a TpLink WR841ND a compatible version of OpenWRT with a minimal Asterisk Module.

I did some experiment:

1) before i installed default version of OpenWRT and i tried to install the asterisk package but no sufficent space available was

2) after i built a minimizeed version of Open WRT without LUCI interface, but also in this case i was unable to install Asterisk because too few free space.

Is someone able to help me ? Someone was able to install Asterisk 1.8  on Tp-Link wr841n v8 ?

Naturally with 8 MB flash rom a firend told me there are no problems, only was my plan to use the cheapest router to create a very small PBX to manage phone calls in my flat.

Thanks in advance for any help
Enrico

(Last edited by enricoeur on 4 Apr 2014, 14:40)

OpenWrt AA with base asterisk18 package (which consists of chan_sip) should fit in 4 MB Flash, but I can assure you, that it will not fit in a router with 2 MB Flash.

=> at least 4 MB Flash, at least 32 MB RAM and base asterisk18 package is the way to go

The discussion might have continued from here.