Topic: Missing files in "downloads" are for lantiq?

Hi guys.

I'm about to receive a new router which I would like to convert to OpenWRT (otherwise it would be useless for me), a Vodafone EasyBox 803. I did some research, and it seems to be supported by OpenWRT...

However I noticed that for the "release" version of "Attitude Adjustment" there are many files missing which are available in earlier builds of "Attitude Adjustment", such as in RC1.

Is this an error in the deployment to the download area, or have the files intentionally not been built or deployed?

Regards,

Ralf

TP-Link TL-WDR3500 v1, OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r39582 / LuCI Trunk (svn-r9955)
TP-Link TL-WDR4300 v1, OpenWrt Barrier Breaker 14.07 (r42625) / LuCI Trunk (0.12+svn-r10530)

Re: Missing files in "downloads" are for lantiq?

Support for that old version of U-Boot was dropped between RC1 and final, so they are intentionally not there. The U-Boot for ARV7518PW from trunk works with that router.

snk wrote:

Support for that old version of U-Boot was dropped between RC1 and final, so they are intentionally not there. The U-Boot for ARV7518PW from trunk works with that router.

Thanks for that.

I assume that uboot-lantiq-arv7518pw_nor/ is "meant to be flashed into the unit as the main bootloader", while uboot-lantiq-arv7518pw_ram/ is "meant to be loaded from brnboot as a 2nd stage bootloader, on memory".

Can you confirm that?

TP-Link TL-WDR3500 v1, OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r39582 / LuCI Trunk (svn-r9955)
TP-Link TL-WDR4300 v1, OpenWrt Barrier Breaker 14.07 (r42625) / LuCI Trunk (0.12+svn-r10530)

4 (edited by snk 2014-02-17 22:16:53)

ralfbergs wrote:
snk wrote:

Thanks for that.

I assume that uboot-lantiq-arv7518pw_nor/ is "meant to be flashed into the unit as the main bootloader"

That is correct.

while uboot-lantiq-arv7518pw_ram/ is "meant to be loaded from brnboot as a 2nd stage bootloader, on memory".

This is used with the UART recovery method. Support for a 2nd stage bootloader (aka brnboot) is unfortunately still missing.

To use this router with OpenWrt you have to erase the whole flash after making a backup and then flash the NOR-version to area 5 (whole flash) from the original bootloader.