OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Difference between openwrt buildroot and buildroot

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,
I am new to the Openwrt.I have understood that Openwrt buildroot has been modified from Buildroot cross compilation environment.My questions are as follows

1. what is the difference between Openwrt buildroot and Buildroot cross compilation environment?w.r.t. advantage and disadvantage.

2. How to cross compile new package in Openwrt buildroot for freescale p1020wlan?

3.How to cross compile custom kernel (i.e kernel-2.6.35) in Openwrt buildroot for freesacle p1020wlan?

plese let know is there any document where i may find thease above question's answar.

Thanks in advance

With Regards
Suman Pandit

suman.p wrote:

How to cross compile custom kernel (i.e kernel-2.6.35) in Openwrt buildroot for freesacle p1020wlan?

Changing the kernel version is not easy. It requires modifying 100-150 kernel patches.
You might read this thread: https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=44528

(Last edited by hnyman on 31 Dec 2013, 12:11)

Hi All

Happy New Year and Thanks for reply

I have cross compiled kernel in buildroot environment,as per my knowledge there is facility to generate .dtb file which load the kernel image.But in Openwrt what are the procedure to load the kernel image through SDCard.

With best Regards
Suman

The discussion might have continued from here.