OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: How to enable debug mode in wpa_supplicant?

The content of this topic has been archived on 23 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

HEllo,

I would like to enable the dbug mode of wpa_supplicant,  I have read the help and modified the script /lib/wifi/wpa_supplicant.sh line which invokes the wpa_supplicant, in order to enable the debug mode like this

wpa_supplicant -dd -B -P /var/run/wifi-wlan1.pid -D nl80211 -i wlan1 -c /var/run/wpa_supplicant-wlan1.conf

However, I cannot seen any debug mode, I have try to read the log with logread but it doesn't show any debug message, neither the dmesg. May anyone tell me how to enable this feature?

Thanks in advance

ndarkness wrote:

HEllo,

I would like to enable the dbug mode of wpa_supplicant,  I have read the help and modified the script /lib/wifi/wpa_supplicant.sh line which invokes the wpa_supplicant, in order to enable the debug mode like this

wpa_supplicant -dd -B -P /var/run/wifi-wlan1.pid -D nl80211 -i wlan1 -c /var/run/wpa_supplicant-wlan1.conf

However, I cannot seen any debug mode, I have try to read the log with logread but it doesn't show any debug message, neither the dmesg. May anyone tell me how to enable this feature?

Thanks in advance

try these steps:

make menuconfig

Network->wpad-xxx-

modified the Minimum-debug-priority parameter, the default value is 3, change it with a less one.

The discussion might have continued from here.