OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Dynamically changing the webpage without using php

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have created some webpages , which I need to put in the openwrt (www). I have tested and verified the webpages using ubuntu localhost apache2. 
   It contains both html and php pages , where php pages are meant to change dynamically( eg: displaying the contents in a csv file which changes dynamically) and also to do some server side processing.
  when i put these pages in the openwrt www folder and tried to access the pages , It was showing some abnormal behaviour for the .php pages . In firefox , this was coming in a window- "What should Firefox do with this file?    Open with :    /   Save file" , in a similar way we are downloading something . I tried to install php5, but the system doesnt have enough memory to install all the php modules.   
   So my question here is , Is there any alternate way for dynamically changing the pages as I am not able to use php??

bash/awk/sed ? for loop ? and that error is you need to install/enable php support in apache https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP

apache is a bit overkill for what you are trying to do.. you couljd just have a cront job to create a dynamic page.. or even just local php via comandline > file IE

php script.php > ./www/myapp.html

The discussion might have continued from here.