Hello Friends,

first of all, i want to say i am quite new to all of this, i came here and to the OpenWRT by the project i want to make.
My goal is, that i want to see who is around my WiFi, even if he is not connected to my WiFi.
Therefore i want the time, the mac-address, and whatever else information i can get.
All devices with activated WiFi send some kind of "hello" now and than, this package i want to grab and analyse.

After a lot of research i found, that this should be doable with openWRT and KISMET. Therefore i ordered myself a router ( TL-WR1043ND ) and will try to install openWRT on it. ( I found firmware for my version).

My question now is, does anybody has experience in that field that might help me?

I didnt understand how KISMET works so for, does the standard logs already give me the informations that i need?

Would be very useful for me (obviously wink) to get in touch with people who know what they are talking about, cause what´s waiting for me in evening is more of a "try-n-error" session :-)

Thanks and best regards,

Mox