OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-LINK TL-WR741-ND bricked?

The content of this topic has been archived on 27 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi !!

I was flashing from original to openwrt, but first the "openwrt-ar71xx-tl-wr741nd-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" upload. sad
from this time router not work sad

only the power led and the led of the connected port light.

ping 192.168.1.1.......nothing sad

router is dead?

Sorry, but little speak english.

Thanks !
But the linux I never use:(
Under windows not possible?

Maybe im the noob, but i read many thread of how to set up tftp by dnsmasq and how to connect router etc.. Only clear thing is how to connect the wires to get serial connection (i have the picture of the router board and a siemens cellphone serial cabel which should work properly) and that i must install dnsmasq on ubuntu.

I found a setup file like this:(/etc/dnsmasq.conf)

server=192.168.1.100
interface=eth1
dhcp-range=192.168.1.101,192.168.1.120,24h
enable-tftp
tftp-root=/home/vendeg/tftp

As i think eth1 should be the ethernet port where i connect the router to the pc. DHCP range is a question for me, why is it and not any different...?

After the possibility to connect the router to the pc i dont know what to do. Turn on the router, but what to write into the terminal?

Can anybody make or post a step by step guid? I fill the tutorials on openwrt wiki are gappy.

I Solved my problem and i made a step-by-step tutorial for it with my bad english ^^
http://pastebin.com/h0mPwMtz

(Last edited by Milan1992 on 7 Sep 2013, 15:35)

The discussion might have continued from here.