OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: DslrDashboard server

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Created a Makefile for it and some small changes so a package can be created for it.

My C/C++ and OpenWrt knowledge isn't the best so maybe the Makefile isn't the best but it works for me.

Checkout the git repository into your OpenWrt packages folder.

Run make menuconfig and under 'Multimedia' select 'ddserver'.

Make your OpenWrt image or the single package.

Sounds interesting!

Is there an opkg available?
I already have an MR3020 and DIR-505 and would like to try on those, although I'm already looking out for a MR3040 smile

Hi Habos,

I am using TL-MR11u and flash the openwrt. Would you please told me that how to install the ddserver.ipk into openwrt? I got following message .

Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package install.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for ddserver:
*     libusb-1.0 *     libstdcpp *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ddserver.

It seems that I need to install libusb-1.0 and libstdcpp first. But where can I find them? Thanks.

flep wrote:

Hi Habos,

I am using TL-MR11u and flash the openwrt. Would you please told me that how to install the ddserver.ipk into openwrt? I got following message .

Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package install.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for ddserver:
*     libusb-1.0 *     libstdcpp *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ddserver.

It seems that I need to install libusb-1.0 and libstdcpp first. But where can I find them? Thanks.

From where did you installed OpenWrt for TL-MR11u? There you should have the packages for it to.

opkg update
opkg install libusb
opkg install libstdcpp

and finally install the ddserver ipk.

Just a small correction

opkg install libusb-1.0

Also if you do
opkg update
and then
opkg install ddserver.....ipk

it should automatically install the depended packages

Habos wrote:

Just a small correction

opkg install libusb-1.0

Also if you do
opkg update
and then
opkg install ddserver.....ipk

it should automatically install the depended packages

Thank you! I find the libusb and libstdcpp.
But I find that the libstdcpp is too big for me. It is 238k. But I only have 296k free space on the device.

It means that I do not have rest space to install libusb and ddserver.

And I do not know which one I can remove to release space, and maybe I cannot release any space?
I tried to flash the fireware that you did for M3040, but failed.

It seemes that it is a long way for me to make it work sad

Thanks again.

Now, I just flash the latest fireware of mr11u
No luci :(
I install each package with putty.
finally, I get the ddserver installed

But... All the network is not configed. I need to config wireless without UI.

T_T

I hope I am still on the right way... ...

Connect your Dslr camera with USB to second Android device. After the Dslr camera is recognised by DslrDashboard in menu you can select the 'Start Network client' option. After that you will get a dialog where you need to enter the IP from the server (the IP that was displayed when you started the server). After a short time the client Android device will switch of the screen and the server Android will take full control of your Dslr camera.

To return control of camera to client Android device in menu select 'Stop Network client', that will close the network connection to server and return the control over camera to client Android.

To stop the Network server select 'Stop Network server' on your Android device that was acting as server device.

You can connect more clients to the server and switch between them. The server can also have a camera connected via USB.

Thanks
Regards

Sormita

Great job!

I am also trying to make ddserver work on a TL-WR703N router (quite similar to the MR3020, only smaller and with fewer LEDs). Currently I am out of luck.

Tried to install the package on a OpenWrt with luci installed, but not enough memory. Tried to remove Luci but to no avail. So next thing I try to make a .bin for the router compiled from source with the ddserver included in the build. Is there any way to do this?

This guide:
http://www.thepowerbase.com/2012/01/ope … to-finish/

shows how to include various packgages from the standard OpenWrt feeds into the build environment for OpenWrt. But ddserver is not found in any feed. Is there a way to get it into my build environment? I am using Debian 6.0.7 running on VMWare in Windows 7 pro by the way.

Another related question what packages can be safely excluded from the standard 71xxx build without bricking the router? Would like to have room for both luci and ddserver on the router if possible, but I might have to kick out some other parts to achieve this.

Anyone know of a prebuilt image containing ddserver for the TL-WR703N router by the way?

Huh, is this the answer for compiling with included ddserver to the image? (taken from the documentation on Google code)
> Clone the DslrDashboardServer repository to the packages directory on OpenWrt:
>
> git clone git://github.com/hubaiz/DslrDashboardServer packages/DslrDashboardServer
> Run then the following commands:
>
> execute
> make menuconfig

I thought "OpenWRT" was litterally the OpenWrt installation, not the OpenWRT build environment. In case this should work, my bad.

regards

Hi,

Great work guys. I reached here in reverse search mode smile First I found an update that dslrdashboard can now be used with Tplink 3040, found it was made with openwrt firmware and now I am here. THANKS YOU ALL FOR SUCH GREAT WORK.

Can you people do another favour and add/install gphoto2 on Tplink 3040 router with openwrt firmware. ( i m not a developer) An easy tutorial will be helpful for novice people like me.

Thanks again smile

This is a great project.

Is there a OpenWRT package available to download for DslrDashboard?
The packages for the MR3040 router which were on the DslrDasboard code.google.com page have gone.

Stupidly I installed an unmodified OpenWRT on my MR3040 (without Luci) and would love to be able to sysupgrade replace it with a DslrDashboard mod.

Regards, Peter

Sorry I didn't answer, was a bit busy working on new qDD.
The ddserver source is still on github: https://github.com/hubaiz/DslrDashboardServer
The new DslrDashboard site with the MR3040 images and package are at: http://dslrdashboard.info
The latest ddserver version is V0.2-13
I also created a small update .bat file for Windows users that can be used to update the ddserver package on device without the need of flashing.

The discussion might have continued from here.