OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: When will be TP-Link MR3040 Version 2 supported

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

Note: This topic was also posted in "General Discussion". But since I  didn't get a feedback, I am posting here.

I am a newbie to this group.

I would like to know when will be TP-Link MR3040 Version 2 supported in OpenWrt (http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/deta … =TL-MR3040). I want to setup PirateBox. I know that there is a current support for OpenWrt for MR3040 Version 1.

If possible, could you let me know why is it hard to make a port for version 2 ? As I know there is an additional mode switch in version 2.

Based on your feedback, I want to buy this device and setup PirateBox.

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible for anyone to add support for this device so that it is possible to get latest OpenWrt fixes? I don't have much experience.

I can order this device, I can provide serial boot log etc . I think the only differnce between v1 and v2 is that there is an additional switch.

I am willing to give a try for porting to this device if anyone can tell what has to be done.

If you changed only a bit with a hex editor - then try to add the following line

$(eval $(call SingleProfile,TPLINK-LZMA,$(fs_64kraw),TLMR3040V2,tl-mr3040-v2,TL-MR3040-v2,ttyATH0,115200,0x30400002,1,4Mlzma))

because of line in target/linux/ar71xx/image/Makefile

$(eval $(call SingleProfile,TPLINK-LZMA,$(fs_64kraw),TLMR3040,tl-mr3040-v1,TL-MR3040,ttyATH0,115200,0x30400001,1,4Mlzma))

and the image should be generated and it might work

@zloop and nebbia88: thanks for the reply.

The reason why i asked for an official support for version 2 is that, it has an additional hardwire switch which is not present in version1. I wanted to see that support. I will proceed with what you have mentioned. I think the only problem will be that the additional switch will not be supported since version 1 doesn't has it.

@nebbia88: Could you let me know how did you do the header adjustment as mentioned in https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php … 27#p197127

The discussion might have continued from here.