OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-link 1043ND bricked - no lights at all

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I try to flash openwrt for my tplink 1043nd router.  After a try, I try to flash it back to original firmware.  Unfortunately, it fail.  When I power it up, the led lights keep flashing.  After searching the internet, I know that I can flash it back by using a usb-ttl cable.  Then I buy one and try it.  When I connect the cable and then power up the router, the led lights up and my console got grabbage.  I then reboot it again, now no led got lights up, it seems it is totally dead.  Is it now total brick?  I found that if I connect with Vcc,, the led lights will keep flashing like previous.  Can I still make it work again?

Thanks for any suggestion.

What model of usb-ttl did you buy? Can you provide an URL?
Don't connect Vcc of the serial adapter and the router.
Next step would be to turn the console garbage into proper output. There were rumors that recent versions of the 1043 need a pull-up resistor between its Tx and Vcc. A 10k resistor will normally do.

MBS wrote:

i'm afraid it's too late.. if it powers on only when he attach serial means that he blewed some power circuit.. good luck replacing it xD

nebbia88 wrote:
MBS wrote:

i'm afraid it's too late.. if it powers on only when he attach serial means that he blewed some power circuit.. good luck replacing it xD

That means it is totally bricked?

r99812 wrote:

That means it is totally bricked?

Does it start up (power LED lights up) if you connect only the original power adapter, without connected USB-UART adapter?
If not, it means that you have burned something out...

The discussion might have continued from here.