OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: MR3220 v2.1 bricked

The content of this topic has been archived between 10 Apr 2018 and 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

You need to be sure of a few things:
Tx-Rx (router to connector, and vice versa)
voltage is only ever a rough guide to what does what. It does not help with connection issues
RESISTANCE between your connector (away from the soldered bits) to your router (again, away from soldering areas) says lots about how good the connection is. To measure this, you don't need power to anything, just use the multimeter.

I receiving data from router, but i can't send data to router, it probably by the fact that the RX (jump, TP23) pinout is damaged

(Last edited by smrodek11 on 19 Mar 2013, 14:16)

can you provide a close up IN FOCUS pic of the area round TP23?
If it isn't close up and in focus, don't bother.

end of fun, i have damaged cable, ehh

Did someone know what is Hornet USB booting?

i have bios programmer ezp2010, and directly reflash factory firmware to the rom chip
but it's only power indicator turn on, else is off

please help ...

Did you managed to solved it? Please post a detailed guide. I seem to have similar problem.

nebbia88 wrote:

Were you misconnecting tx and rx of your adapter?? I mean, you have to go from tx of router to rx of serial, and so on...

Openwrt wiki Says " (Tx from schematic goes to Tx pin of router, Rx from schematic to Rx of router)."

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3420#serial

Why your statement differs from openwrt wiki?

Tx - rx
Rx - tx

The discussion might have continued from here.