OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: MR3220 v2

The content of this topic has been archived on 18 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I am Currently Using the first somehow stable Version of Cindys MR3220v2 Firmware...
Can someone build me a most Current Version of Openwrt with 3g support for a e398 huwaii

yeahh i could.. but its hard i need a linux to compile and  i dont really know what i need and what not.. its only 4 mb :-(

4lltim3z0ck3r wrote:

yeahh i could.. but its hard i need a linux to compile and  i dont really know what i need and what not.. its only 4 mb :-(

the earlier you get your hands on linux, the less painful will it be. all the things you need are mentioned in the wiki.

Is there any possibility to connect it to 4G modem ZTE RX326?
Surfed the web with no result.
Thanks for any possible answer.

zilvej wrote:

Is there any possibility to connect it to 4G modem ZTE RX326?

Does it work on your PC running a recent Linux distribution? Or can you provide the product and vendor id of the modem?

It is an original TP-LINK TL-MR3220. Have made no changes to firmware (v2.0).
Tried to connect with ZTE RX326 but it shows NOT CONNECTED. I believe I should change the firmware, browsed the web and different forums but no success.
Not sure I have provided the needed information you have asked for...

(Last edited by zilvej on 3 May 2013, 19:55)

No, that is not the information I wanted. What I wanted to know is, if it is supported by the linux kernel. One way to check that is to connect the modem to a PC running a recent linux kernel. Alternatively, it is possible to check the source code, if your modem model is supported. For that reason I would need the Product ID (PID) and Vendor ID (VID) of the modem. You can find those IDs in the device manager.

pff this community is slightly not helpful^^

Actually MBS was really trying to help out. He was talking about the modem NOT the router.
If you ask whether a brand X modem works on a supported router, we need to know what the modem is.
Hence his post:

MBS wrote:

No, that is not the information I wanted. What I wanted to know is, if it is supported by the linux kernel. One way to check that is to connect the modem to a PC running a recent linux kernel. Alternatively, it is possible to check the source code, if your modem model is supported. For that reason I would need the Product ID (PID) and Vendor ID (VID) of the modem. You can find those IDs in the device manager.

EDIT: google search on 'openwrt ZTE +RX326' shows nothing. Hence the need for the device/manufacturer ID to see what an RX326 actually is.

I think the openWRT community is incredibly helpful. But you do need to give information when required.

(Last edited by robthebrew on 10 May 2013, 14:36)

4lltim3z0ck3r wrote:

pff this community is slightly not helpful^^

Well, what exactly do you expect? This is a FREE of charge forum, and in my opinion with the focus of letting the whole project/comunity benefit. So, my intention is to guide people into the right direction, but they all have to solve their problems on their own with the additional benefit of learning how things work in embedded hardware, openwrt or linux.
Just my 2 cents.

no need to explain MBS. Haters will hate.

uhh and how i hate it.. i hate poor turorials and nosy people^^
free as in freedom is choosing wether to do things or leeching of off other peoples work, muahahaha

if you need tutorials, check the wiki. and if you think those articles are of poor quality (some of them really are), then feel free to improve them.

4lltim3z0ck3r wrote:

uhh and how i hate it.. i hate poor turorials and nosy people^^
free as in freedom is choosing wether to do things or leeching of off other peoples work, muahahaha

Sure you can ask a question without providing the goal you want to achieve, but don't expect a great asnwer because we don't know what you are trying to do wink

So I wouldn't call it nosy, but people interested what you are trying to achieve and see where they can help out, and point you in the right direction.

All the tools are here to build you own firmware, but don't expect the community to do all the work for you because it is mostly driven by volunteers that don't get payed to do so.

The discussion might have continued from here.