OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: bricked tl-wdr4300

The content of this topic has been archived on 17 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

hi im trying to re flash a wdr4300 however in the terminal (gtkterm on linux) this is what appear
terminal output

it got bricked because i accidentally flashed the upgrade version instead of the factory one, is it possible for u-boot not to be present or  its more likely to be a character code issue?

What adapter are you using? Sure it's a 3.3V ?
Tried reversing tx-rx?

(Last edited by nebbia88 on 16 Mar 2013, 23:00)

If you had damaged uboot, then you won't get anything out of the router.
As you receive data, it seems that Rx and TX are correctly connected, so maybe it's a baudrate problem.
I think it was 115.200 for your router. Verify that.

But, if you flashed the sysupgrade, then your problem is only a corrupted or old rootfs_data.
Boot in failsafe mode (press a router button when you see the led blinking, then it should blink faster).
Set your computer's IP to 192.168.1.100, and telnet 192.168.1.1.
Issue the following commands:

mount_root
mtd -r erase rootfs_data

After the reboot your router will be as new, (all settings and old data cleaned)

(Last edited by dabyd64 on 17 Mar 2013, 19:50)

sorry for taking so long to answer, i accidentally (stupidly) flashed sysupgrade over factory firmware,  that may have damaged the bootloader

Most likely Bootloader isn't damaged, you just need serial to recover

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=43306

diegogmx wrote:

hi im trying to re flash a wdr4300 however in the terminal (gtkterm on linux) this is what appear
terminal output

it got bricked because i accidentally flashed the upgrade version instead of the factory one, is it possible for u-boot not to be present or  its more likely to be a character code issue?

The discussion might have continued from here.