OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Bricked TP-Link TL-WDR4300 (imanewb)

The content of this topic has been archived on 25 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

So just got this off of amazon to give openWRT a try. Previously I have been using a linksys on stock firmware for the past several years.

Anyhow I flashed "openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wdr4300-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" which I believe is Attitude Adjustment 12.09 RC1 using the factory flash page.

Router then rebooted & then nodda..

Its not longer serving IP's via DHCP so I am not sure if its completely toast or if DHCP is just disabled after the flash.

So can someone guide me in the right direction to fix my Fubar?

You flash factory not sysupgrade.
Doesn't it make sense to you why it is called factory and you mention using the factory page?
You have to use serial to recover at this point in time.

(Last edited by alphasparc on 28 Mar 2013, 02:07)

So serial huh... I guess its time for another router then. And I took factory to mean the factory image..

So I have another being delivered today. After flashing the image labeled factory is it done or am I still missing something?

That's it smile

How to bricked TP-Link TL-WDR4300 ?

environmental management system

(Last edited by Sagor77885 on 13 Apr 2013, 15:20)

bastage wrote:

So just got this off of amazon to give openWRT a try. Previously I have been using a linksys on stock firmware for the past several years.

Anyhow I flashed "openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wdr4300-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" which I believe is Attitude Adjustment 12.09 RC1 using the factory flash page.

Router then rebooted & then nodda..

Its not longer serving IP's via DHCP so I am not sure if its completely toast or if DHCP is just disabled after the flash.

So can someone guide me in the right direction to fix my Fubar?

You try to connect with telnet on the factory ip setting ?

(Last edited by thierry69 on 1 Apr 2013, 19:18)

thierry69 wrote:

You try to connect with telnet on the factory ip setting ?

Nope. I replaced the router and used the correct file. Everything is fine now.

The discussion might have continued from here.