Hey,

we´re using a custom OpenWRT firmware on Ubiquiti devices built using the buildroot. On our APs the wifi is bridged with an OpenVPN tunnel (tap device) so all wifi traffic goes straigt to a server.

With the latest trunk (36060) OpenVPN segfaults as soon as the first wifi client tries to connect and obtain an IP address from the dhcp server (running on the server, not the AP).

This is the configuration:

uci show openvpn.clients
openvpn.clients=openvpn
openvpn.clients.enable=1
openvpn.clients.client=1
openvpn.clients.dev=tap
openvpn.clients.proto=udp
openvpn.clients.remote=ouropenvpnserver
openvpn.clients.resolv_retry=infinite
openvpn.clients.nobind=1
openvpn.clients.persist_key=1
openvpn.clients.persist_tun=1
openvpn.clients.ca=/etc/openvpn/ca.crt
openvpn.clients.cert=/etc/openvpn/client.crt
openvpn.clients.key=/etc/openvpn/client.key
openvpn.clients.passtos=1
openvpn.clients.float=1
openvpn.clients.keepalive=10 60
openvpn.clients.link_mtu=1460
openvpn.clients.port=1194
openvpn.clients.comp_lzo=1
openvpn.clients.verb=5

If i start OpenVPN manually like this:

/usr/sbin/openvpn --client --comp-lzo --float --nobind --passtos --persist-key --persist-tun --ca /etc/openvpn/ca.crt --cert /etc/openvpn/client.crt --dev tap --keepalive 10 60 --key /etc/openvpn/client.key --link-mtu 1460 --port 1194 --proto udp --remote ouropenvpnserver --resolv-retry infinite --verb 5

i see the segfault:

Sun Mar 17 16:16:38 2013 us=96187 OPTIONS IMPORT: timers and/or timeouts modified
Sun Mar 17 16:16:38 2013 us=96377 OPTIONS IMPORT: route-related options modified
Sun Mar 17 16:16:38 2013 us=97517 TUN/TAP device tap0 opened
Sun Mar 17 16:16:38 2013 us=97811 TUN/TAP TX queue length set to 100
Sun Mar 17 16:16:38 2013 us=98255 Initialization Sequence Completed
WRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRWwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRwRWwRwrWRwRwrWRwrWRSun Mar 17 16:16:58 2013 us=525207 Extracted DHCP router address: 10.0.0.1
Segmentation fault

This didn´t happen with trunk 34469 and we didn´t change anything in the configuration.

Any ideas why this happens or how i could debug this further?
Also i don´t understand what "Extracted DHCP router address" means. The bridge and tap interface are not supposed to have an IP address.

Best,
Gregor