OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Linksys Cisco E3000 v1 / WRT-610N v2 / Asus RT-N16 hardware on trunk

The content of this topic has been archived between 30 Apr 2013 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

gregd72002 wrote:

Razvi, so what is the actual difference between your build from here:
http://openwrt.razvi.ro/barrier_braker_asus_rt-n16_svn_r35318/

and official snapshot from here:
http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/brcm47xx/

?

Thanks,
Gregory

None except for the custom config.

razvi@web ~/openwrt/git/openwrt $ git diff --name-status origin/master razvi/master
A       razvi/build.sh
A       razvi/config.rt-n16
A       razvi/feeds.conf.default
A       razvi/opkg.conf
A       razvi/trx_max_len.patch

(Last edited by VeNoM on 4 Feb 2013, 13:38)

FunMan wrote:

Hi,

yesterday I flashed my E3000 that seems to be working. I tried to separate lan ports 2, 3 and 4 in the same vlan of wan (I need a particular configuration, simple switch for the 2,3 and 4 port and normal routing for the lan and wlan.... this configuration is running on an old whr-hp-g54 with dd-wrt that I want to replace) and now the ethernet is not working anymore.

As soon as possible I'll connect a serial console to view what happens and to restore the ethernet back. Did someone experienced this problem? Is it a limit of bmagic driver?

Thanks
FunMan

I doesn't sure my problem related to yours, but anyway: today I flashed 35489 trunk build to E3000 (with settings reset) and when I enable WiFi interface ethernet stop working.  Something like this happen when I try to restore settings from archive - ethernet is working, but router not available via ethernet (probably because WiFi was enabled in settings that I restore) and WiFi doesn't work too (maybe some driver issue, I doesn't know because I can't connect to router at all and doesn't have serial console cable).

Anyone have working Ethernet and WiFi on some latest trunk builds?

(Last edited by RussianNeuroMancer on 5 Feb 2013, 20:12)

Looking at description I think that different issue. In my case router Ethernet adapter seems like get power down (so attached network devices even doesn't detect link on cable) when WiFi become enabled.

If you enabled the 5GHz interface (wl1), then it's more likely related to:

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/12930

The problem is hit or miss, sometimes it will boot up fine; so you may need to re-boot a number of times to get it to boot up.

The previous post assumes you are using the broadcom-wl wireless driver.  If not, then the problem is due to something else.

nlh wrote:

The previous post assumes you are using the broadcom-wl wireless driver.  If not, then the problem is due to something else.

No, I just installed default trunk build with b43 to see current progress in support of this router in OpenWRT.

Can anyone try http://openwrt.razvi.ro/barrier_braker_asus_rt-n16_svn_r35499/ ?
It includes this :
11:49 PM Ticket #12936 (Asus RT-N16 board detected as "Unknown Board") closed by hauke
fixed: This is fixed in r35492.
11:49 PM Changeset [35492] by hauke
brcm47xx: fix detection of Asus RT-N16 This fixes #12936.
11:40 PM Changeset [35491] by hauke
Add Failsafe support for Linksys E3000V1 / WRT610NV2 Adds specification …
11:38 PM Changeset [35490] by hauke
brcm47xx: Fix switch config on 4716/53115 devices Signed-off-by: Jonathan …

In r35507 just fixed problem with communication Wifi x LAN. That would be more interesting release...

(Last edited by Wally on 6 Feb 2013, 21:58)

I was waiting for WiFi - Lan fix, I'm glad someone fix it. Now I have a different problem. I cannot compile (last few revisions)  OpenWRT for RT-N16... compile errors with lib expat, and later after 'make clean' and 'make' command again, errors with mysql package... I'm using the same config file from r35318. It is possible to compile build without mysql (by deleting package), but trx became a garbage- router after flashing is dead.

jankor wrote:

I was waiting for WiFi - Lan fix, I'm glad someone fix it. Now I have a different problem. I cannot compile (last few revisions)  OpenWRT for RT-N16... compile errors with lib expat, and later after 'make clean' and 'make' command again, errors with mysql package... I'm using the same config file from r35318. It is possible to compile build without mysql (by deleting package), but trx became a garbage- router after flashing is dead.

Try this:
git clone git://git.razvi.ro/openwrt.git
cd openwrt
sh razvi/build.sh
make menuconfig
make

(Last edited by VeNoM on 7 Feb 2013, 06:27)

Wally wrote:

In r35507 just fixed problem with communication Wifi x LAN. That would be more interesting release...

Yes, that build fixes my problem too.

Update: I need to correct myself. LAN and WiFi working for me now only with Razvi builds. With vanilla trunk builds old issue is still present.

(Last edited by RussianNeuroMancer on 7 Feb 2013, 15:43)

It's probably because of br43 driver. It doesn't work very well with this hardware. First thing i did with vanilla build was:

opkg update
opkg remove kmod-b44
opkg remove kmod-b43
opkg remove kmod-b43legacy
opkg remove kmod-cfg80211

opkg install wl
opkg install wlc
opkg install nas
opkg install kmod-brcm-wl

(Last edited by Wally on 7 Feb 2013, 16:01)

Thank you for advice. As expected, with proprietary driver behaviour of trunk build is the same with Razvi build (issue is not reproducible).

Yeah, after some testing ... still some problems with official build 35507. I can browse only one level of shared directories on LAN computer from WiFi one, deeper is nothing ;( I will try VeNoM advice.

I have no problems browsing shares on LAN from WiFi with trunk snapshot now. This might be issue by you.

Can anyone confirm if DHCP range works for them. After setting a range of 100 to 149, clients are still being assigned addresses in the 200 range.

It works fine.

100 + 149 = 249.
If you want clients to be < 200 use start 100 and limit 99.

jow wrote:

It works fine.

100 + 149 = 249.
If you want clients to be < 200 use start 100 and limit 99.

I was understanding it wrong. I was under the impression the range would be 100-149 if the limit was 149.

Thanks for the clarification.

I still have problems with Wifi -> Lan connectivity. I use Plex (http://www.plexapp.com/) on iPad to watch movies from a dlna server and it doesn't work.

(Last edited by VeNoM on 10 Feb 2013, 09:33)

I've gone back to r34498. wifi <-> lan works, ipv6 works.

VeNoM wrote:

I still have problems with Wifi -> Lan connectivity. I use Plex (http://www.plexapp.com/) on iPad to watch movies from a dlna server and it doesn't work.

Just +1
MFP Zeroconfig discovery works, connect to MFP web-interface works, printing to MFP - not.