OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Trendchip TC3162P2 documentation

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello everybody,
I have some unused ADSL modem/router (ZyXEL Prestige P-660HW-T3 v2), which is based on TC3162P2 chipset. This router has ZyNOS, but I found, that there exists another router (i think Billion 7300G) with TC3162, which works under linux kernel 2.4 special distribution. I would try to adapt it for my hardware and reprogram my router, but I haven't any technical information for hardware debugging. I searched on the web and on the page of chip developer, but there is only marketing informations etc. I found some link, but it seems already dead. So I'm asking here, if somebody has any datasheets for JTAGing TC3162P2.

Hi all,
today I retrieve a adsl router with mimo interface based on Trendchip TC3162P2.
This is a sitecom wl-154.

cpu:  Trendchip TC3162P2
switch: rtl83055
ram: samsung k4s641632k-uc75
flash: mx29lv16ocbtc-70g
adsl2: trendchip 3085
pci slot connected to rt2661t (wifi)

Hello claudyus,
I have not my Zyxel with me (friend borrow it), so I can't test it now. Do you mean with term mimo interface connecting all flash pins to computer IO ? It is good idea, but I don't think I'm able to solder all tiny pins of flash memory :-( . Is on your router pcb somewhere JTAG port?

By the way, which OS runs on your router?

this dev based on the chip TC3162L
and Billon published the kernel source for TC3162
http://au.billion.com/downloads/source/ … 0.3.tar.gz
but kernel 2.4.17 not compile (any errors)
But! if take compile img kernel from this project (GPL link up) and load into Zyxel start  adr 0x800203F4
the console message (possible noise from a mismatch in speed)

(Last edited by Golum on 31 Jan 2012, 04:30)

I was looking at this too. The source code is missing the toolchain from what I can gather.

http://bbs.lcdhome.net/attachment/Mon_1 … 46b3ba.jpg

pc2005 wrote:

Hello everybody,
I have some unused ADSL modem/router (ZyXEL Prestige P-660HW-T3 v2), which is based on TC3162P2 chipset. This router has ZyNOS, but I found, that there exists another router (i think Billion 7300G) with TC3162, which works under linux kernel 2.4 special distribution. I would try to adapt it for my hardware and reprogram my router, but I haven't any technical information for hardware debugging. I searched on the web and on the page of chip developer, but there is only marketing informations etc. I found some link, but it seems already dead. So I'm asking here, if somebody has any datasheets for JTAGing TC3162P2.

The discussion might have continued from here.