OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WBMR-HP-G300H ... willing to help

The content of this topic has been archived between 2 Oct 2014 and 16 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

I don't get it to work. I tried self a compiled uImage, the one from 12.09 beta, and the original firmware from buffalo. I see in wireshark that something is transmitted and I can see if it is a lot of data. But after that finished the ip 192.168.11.1 vanishes and my computer keeps asking via arp if someone has seen this ip. No matter how long I wait, nothing happens anymore.

Can you send me the image with which you got it working again? I pm you my email address, or you can upload it somehwere else.

//Edit: How important is it to set the gateway of my computer interface to 192.168.11.1 ? I see in wireshark that the router asks who has 0.0.0.0

(Last edited by Lutz_R on 20 Sep 2012, 11:15)

I finally made it. You have to explicitly tell in make menuconfig, that you want a ramdisk. The resulting uImage will be bigger than you get with normal image compilation.

Lutz_R wrote:

I finally made it. You have to explicitly tell in make menuconfig, that you want a ramdisk. The resulting uImage will be bigger than you get with normal image compilation.

And did you successfully debricked your device?

rossini wrote:

Yes, it is working again on its right spot.

This all happened while I tried to configure sixxs with 6in4 heartbeat instead of using aiccu. In current openwrt builds aiccu support was nearly completely removed. Maybe I will try it again on the weekend, but not now.

Lutz_R wrote:
rossini wrote:

Yes, it is working again on its right spot.

This all happened while I tried to configure sixxs with 6in4 heartbeat instead of using aiccu. In current openwrt builds aiccu support was nearly completely removed. Maybe I will try it again on the weekend, but not now.

Please, can you send me the uImage please ???

Thanks !!!

Sure if you give me via PM your email address or another spot where I can upload the image. But not that this will not be the image I used. I build my adsl and wifi settings into the images, so you will get one without these.

I am also working on the wiki article about the router to add information about debricking.

On other models there exist openwrt images, which can be flashed using tftp:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/wzr … ftp.method

maybe it is just a matter of time until openwrt can do this with the WMR-HP-G300H, too, as 12.09 is the first release to support this model.

Hi all!
I am trying to configure annex A (POTS) on my buffalo modem without any success sad
Here is the list of installed dsl packages:
kmod-ltq-dsl-ar9      3.3.8+3.24.4.4-4
kmod-ltq-dsl-firmware-a-ar9 0.1-1
ltq-dsl-app  3.24.4.4-2

Log messages:
Nov 14 01:46:08 buffalo daemon.warn pppd[1371]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
Nov 14 01:46:08 buffalo daemon.err pppd[1371]: Unable to complete PPPoE Discovery

ADSL configuration:
config adsl-device 'adsl'
        option fwannex 'a'
        option annex 'a2p'

And working parameters from other adsl modem
Line Mode    ADSL2+     
Line Power State    L0    
Line Coding    Trellis On    

What I am doing wrong?
Can somebody show me a list of options for ADSL?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I'm waiting this device in few days. Still trying to understand which is the best approach to get openwrt on it.

Looks like DDWRT install is possible through the webgui from stock Buffalo firmware.

Then you can build an image from trunk and install it with with mtd, is this last step risky?

Any way to pass directly from bufallo stock to openwrt?

And What about this beta image?

http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_a … shfs.image

Anyone using it? Is Annex A or B? Any feedback?

Thanks
Andrea

Update.. smile

I got it and finally I've a full working configuration with the last 12.09 beta image from repo, so I'm happy to share my experience.

That's the image I'm talking about :

http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_a … shfs.image

First I tried to build an image myself but It was not really stable and everytime I had to add a mod kernel package my router suddendly crashed.  Got it bricked few times but I was able to debrick with failsafe and tftp.

Just few info about the 12.09 image :

No luci, nothing that will help you, it's a very basic image.
Do not expect to be connected very shortly, you will need another internet connection to get infos and packages.

Same old bug as described on the wiki :

Wired stations cannot ping each other

Do not change  conf in /etc/config/network with switch configuration.
If you do that you won't be able to reach the router anymore.
I did it and I had to enter in failsafe mode.

Fix it with :

swconfig dev eth0 vlan 1 set ports "0 1 2 3 4 5"
swconfig dev eth0 set apply

Add a line on /etc/rc.local to make it permanent.

DSL :

It's compiled with Annex B modulation so if your dsl is A you'll have to remove annexb mod package and install A.

Remove  kmod-ltq-dsl-firmware-b-ar9 and install kmod-ltq-dsl-firmware-a-ar9

After that , there's a bug in annex selection on the init script, first change according on /etc/config/network

Mine as an example :

config adsl-device 'adsl'
    option fwannex 'a'
    option annex 'a2p'

Then you'll have to adjust /etc/init.d/dsl_control on line 301
Force it to load your firmware with  -f /lib/firmware/dsl-fw-a.bin

Restart the service and make sure your firmware is loaded correctly :

andrea@router-wrt:~$ ps | grep dsl
1788 root      7408 S    /sbin/dsl_cpe_control -i00_00_00_00_00_01_00_00 -n /sbin/dsl_notify.sh -f /lib/firmware/dsl-fw-a.bin
4543 andrea    1492 S    grep dsl

Make sure /etc/init.d/br2684ctl is enabled, it's disabled by default (why!?!?)

Apart from that once you're connected you can install all the pkgs you need and tail the installation for you.

Few tips :

Crontab a backup, I'll give u mine as another example :

===============================================
#!/bin/bash

backupfile="/nas/WBMR-HP-G300H/backup/WBMR-HP-G300H-backup.tgz"

## generate package installed
opkg list-installed > /etc/package.installed

# mount nas
mount /nas

if test -e $file; then echo "file exist, removing";sleep 2;yes | rm $file;fi

/usr/bin/tar czvf $file --exclude "/lib/modules" /etc /lib /home /root

umount /nas

Led configuration :

/etc/config/system

config led
    option name 'power'
    option sysfs 'soc:red:power'
    option default '1'
    option trigger 'default-on'

config led
    option sysfs 'soc:green:internet'
    option trigger 'netdev'
    option dev 'pppoe-wan'
    option default '1'
    option name 'wan-connected'
    option mode 'link'

config led
    option default '0'
    option sysfs 'soc:green:adsl'
    option trigger 'netdev'
    option dev 'pppoe-wan'
    option mode 'link'
    option name 'adsl'

## THIS IS MY OPENVPN LINK ##
config led
    option default '1'
    option sysfs 'soc:red:security'
    option name 'vpn'
    option trigger 'netdev'
    option dev 'tap0'
    option mode 'link tx rx'

config led
    option default '1'
    option sysfs 'soc:green:wlan'
    option name 'wlan'
    option trigger 'netdev'
    option dev 'wlan0'
    option mode 'link tx rx'

Do you want to save the environment?
Do you really need all those fancy leds when you're not home?! smile
I have another crontab script that check if an ip is connected and switch off the lights if it's not reachable.

*/5 * * * * /root/bin/checkled >/dev/null 2>&1

######################
#!/bin/bash

client = 192.168.1.10
ping -c1 $client >/dev/null
rc=$?

if [ $rc -eq 0 ]
then
  ledstatus=`cat /sys/class/leds/soc\:red\:power/brightness`
# echo "status $ledstatus"
  if [ ! $ledstatus -eq 255 ]
  then
    /etc/init.d/led start >/dev/null
  fi
else
   for i in /sys/class/leds/* ; do echo 0 > "$i"/brightness ; done
fi
#####################

That's all folks smile

I hope this will be useful to someone else.

Andrea

(Last edited by agarbato on 2 Dec 2012, 13:30)

@Agarbato: thanks for the informations ;

but how did you flash the router ? :
  -  through the path: original firmware -> dd-wrt -> OpenWRT   
-  or with an OpenWRT image loaded in ram via tftp ?

I would like to test the second way, but no one posted detailed instruction on how to do this.

Thanks

@mgll

I did flash router with dd-wrt>openwrt.
It's the easiest way as you can flash with webgui from original firmare.

Flash via tftp is also possible.
Refer to the wiki page and follow debrick procedure.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/wbmr-hp-g300h

Once you've installed tftp on your client, give it 192.168.11.2 ip, then copy 12.09 image to /tftpboot (according to your tfp server rootdir) and rename it as firmware.ram.   

With this procedure you can install any image, just be sure to rename it as firmware.ram.
It's possible that when router reboot with new image IP will change from 192.168.11.1 to 192.168.1.1.
Wireshark might be a good friend smile

Thanks
Andrea

agarbato wrote:

Once you've installed tftp on your client, give it 192.168.11.2 ip, then copy 12.09 image to /tftpboot (according to your tfp server rootdir) and rename it as firmware.ram.

Are you sure you can flash via this way? I build a ram image and flashed through this a new firmare.

I'm not 100% sure you can use any image.

I was able to debrick my device this way but I used the ram image in the wiki (See How to recover from bricking, you have a ready image to download ). 

After that I was able to telnet to my router again and I flashed 12.09 with mtd.

Today I flashed the trunk r34927! The switch bug is fixed (now there is also VLAN!) and no need to edit the dsl_control file wink

With the new kernel it boot faster too wink

Hi, as current bleeding edge version seems not to do much for ADSL side of things I built image which incorporates small patch from https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/ope … 13602.html to show some basic ADSL stats in status.

At least ADSL2+ side seems to work though I have rarish (once a week or so) ADSL issues where line either freezes or goes 'bad' with >50% packetloss and modem seems not to notice that line is failed and it should retrain. Also wifi seems to be a bit broken as only HT mode 20MHz works, better than bricking whole router when enabling wifi in later versions though.

I tried to fiddle with ifcg (InteropFeatureConfigGet) but all automodes were equal in performance, I'm not even sure if automode_api is linked as lsmod shows 0 references. There also seems to be interesting stats like bit allocations per channel which would make nice graphs but sadly some adsl commands like 'g997sansg 0' seem to be broken.

Image is at http://openwrt.lehtivihrea.org/WBMR-HP- … r35062.rar and it includes irssi, tinyfugue (for which I made package) and some utils but is otherwise quite barebone featurewise. Both programs should work with scandinavian letters (öäå etc.) as long you stay clear of utf-8. As usual no guarantees of working. smile

Tinyfugue package is at: http://openwrt.lehtivihrea.org/tf40s1-1 … -v1.tar.bz

Note:

Stat gathering from dsl_control uses lots of cpu and culprit in my system is 'dsl_cmd g997lsg 0 1' which takes long to execute for whatever reason. You can 'fix' it by editing /etc/init.d/dsl_control like this:

#       lsg=$(dsl_cmd g997lsg 0 1)
#       latnu=$(dsl_val "$lsg" LATN)
#       snru=$(dsl_val "$lsg" SNR)
        latnu=0
        snru=0

(edit: image is Annex A)

(Last edited by teyn on 12 Jan 2013, 21:43)

Had some time extra time so did small luci 'patch' which shows ADSL data bin allocations as graph, prolly works only with ADSL2+ though. It uses canvas so some old browsers wont work. Patch itself aint very pretty, someone more skilled could prolly do nice ADSL status page to show all available data if all of those dsl commands would work. hmm

How to 'patch' (in router and please remember to backup original files in case I did break something):

copy index.htm to /usr/lib/lua/luci/view/admin_status
copy dsl_control to /etc/init.d

Files are here: http://openwrt.lehtivihrea.org/WBMR-HP- … tabins.rar

And here is example how it should look: http://openwrt.lehtivihrea.org/example_bin.png

Hi, I'm new to OpenWRT and just installed 12.09-rc1 but it doesn't seem to detect wifi. Is that common or something wrong? Could someone please paste their wireless config?

Edit: Nevermind, I realised I needed to install driver and now have it working. smile

(Last edited by redraoh on 18 Jan 2013, 09:01)

I have from Version R33530 PPPOE problems, Connect on Demand
Once selected connect on demand, no connection is established., there remains the dsl sync.

root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/dsl_control status
Chipset:                Ifx-AR9 1.2
Line State:             UP [0x801: showtime_tc_sync]
Data Rate:              17.693 Mb/s / 1.183 Mb/s
Line Attenuation:       1.2dB / 13.9dB
Noise Margin:           15.7dB / 13.9dB
Line Uptime:            7h 21m 50s
root@OpenWrt:~#
in the very old version r31047 (kmod-pppoe3.1.10-1) connect on demand goes without problems, with all newer versions only goes the permanent connection.

I can't get the dsl modem or the webinterface with 12.09-rc1 working. I am now compiling again an image, because this is the way it works for me, but using the opkg online repos would be much nicer.

After flashing 12.09-rc1 I don't see a nas0 device with ifconfig as in my own builds. Do I miss a package, which I have to install? In dmesg it seems to load a dsl firmware.

Still the same problem with the final 12.09 release. Is anyone here having the same issues or know how to fix/diagnose it?

I tried this image: http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_a … shfs.image

(Last edited by Lutz_R on 29 Apr 2013, 23:17)

@Lutz_R

If by "still the same problem" you mean there is no nas0 interface, then you have to enable br2684ctl.

/etc/init.d/br2684ctl enable

and then start it, or reboot.

thx, that did it. I updated the wiki