OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Full URL in Gargoyles 'Web Monitor' Logging?

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I'm a new user to the Gargoyle Router Management Utility and love it's simplicity, ease of use and inbuilt logging ability.

My question is that, although the 'web monitoring' is easy to implement, it only shows the domains visited and not the full page URL's.  Is it possible to make it so the full URL's are logged rather than just the domain name?

I'm no developer but if anybody could point me in the right direction if this can be achieved, I don't mind getting my hands dirty trying...

Thanks for any help with this.

Perhaps you should ask that at the Gargoyle web site & forum, not here

hnyman wrote:

Perhaps you should ask that at the Gargoyle web site & forum, not here

Hi hnyman,

Thanks for the input.

I've already posted similar over there and one rely did say "... Perhaps over at openwrt.org you could get help" which makes sense as it's a branch of OpenWrt, which I'm sure you know - so here I am.

Hnyman, do you know if this is possible?  Is this your area of expertise?

Thank you.

And over here we tell you to ask back there because the monitoring component is gargoyle specific, it does not exist in Openwrt.

jow wrote:

And over here we tell you to ask back there because the monitoring component is gargoyle specific, it does not exist in Openwrt.

smile  Thanks for the clarification.  I'll head back over and post my findings...

Thank you.

The discussion might have continued from here.