OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Backfire & Sierra Wireless MC5728V

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I'm trying to run OpenWRT Backfile 10.03 on an Alix 6F2 board using the x86 OpenWRT build with the Sierra Wireless MC5728V. It copes fine with my MC8790 card, but despite using the latest sierra.c (1.7.4) I'm still getting the error:-

dmesg/boot output:

USB Serial support registered for Sierra USB modem
   usbcore: registered new interface driver sierra
   sierra: v.1.7.40:USB Driver for Sierra Wireless USB modems
   hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2

The last line often repeats every 2 seconds (but not always) - and doesn't appear if the MC5728V isn't installed, so looks like it's the problem.

With the MC88790 card, it finds and creates a whole load of /dev/ttyUSBx devices.... but nada with the MC5728V

Anyone else used this card on OpenWRT?

-Craig

crayfishuk wrote:

I'm trying to run OpenWRT Backfile 10.03 on an Alix 6F2 board using the x86 OpenWRT build with the Sierra Wireless MC5728V. It copes fine with my MC8790 card, but despite using the latest sierra.c (1.7.4) I'm still getting the error:-

dmesg/boot output:

USB Serial support registered for Sierra USB modem
   usbcore: registered new interface driver sierra
   sierra: v.1.7.40:USB Driver for Sierra Wireless USB modems
   hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2

The last line often repeats every 2 seconds (but not always) - and doesn't appear if the MC5728V isn't installed, so looks like it's the problem.

With the MC88790 card, it finds and creates a whole load of /dev/ttyUSBx devices.... but nada with the MC5728V

Anyone else used this card on OpenWRT?

-Craig

hi, were you able to get this card working?

The discussion might have continued from here.