OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Problem with startup script and init.d

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all, I'm new here and I was hoping that you could help me with a little problem I had playing with my router:

The problem was that I made an script with a S=50, copied it to the init.d directory and enable it from the gui startup interface so it can runs always in every boot. The problem now is that when I restart the router it seems to not work well because I can't connect with it (not with telnet neither with ssh). I supose that my script is broken.

But now, I try to delete my script from the init.d directory (with the failsafe mode), but when I open the init.d directory, i can't find none of my scripts, ony are the default ones.

So, the question is, how can I delete my script from the router in failsafe mode or maybe, edit some startup conf file to delete the line that executes my script.

Any tip will be helpful.

Thank you.

Well, finally I could solve the problem with the >mount_root command, accesing the init.d directory and deleting my script.

The discussion might have continued from here.