OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: No network connectivity on GT704-WG

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I dug up an Actiontec GT704 that I wanted to get running on OpenWRT.  The wiki lists it as supported since Kamikaze (http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/actiontec/gt704wg), though states the wireless is a WIP.

I got the Backfire AR7 image flashed and booting, but networking isn't working.  My config is unchanged from the default - eth0 and eth1 are bridged into lan, with dnsmasq providing DHCP to clients.

When connecting a PC, however, I see that eth1 (I think - currently away from box) is receiving traffic (I assume the DHCP requests), but not responding at all (no bytes transmitted, client never gets an IP address).

Any ideas where I should start diagnosing and debugging the problem?

Bonus points - anyone have an idea what needs to happen still to get wireless to work?  I tempted fate by enabling it, and got a lot of error messages spewed out.  I'm not afraid to poke at it, but haven't seen any docs about what needs to be figured out still.

The discussion might have continued from here.