OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Hi New to OpenWRT and a few (hopefully simple) questions...

The content of this topic has been archived on 4 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

New user to OpenWRT (Attitude Adjustment) on two WZR-HP-AG300H devices.  I did some searching and was unable to locate answers to three of the questions I'm currently facing:

1)  How do I install a DHCP-Repeater/Proxy?  I have an upstream device handing out IPs and I want connected clients to pull IPs from that server.  I did find some information for the White Russian release but it didn't work on this version.

2)  For the second device running OpenWRT I simply want to turn it into a dumb access point - it will be connected via ethernet to a router located on a second floor.

3) I would like to bridge the WAN port to the LAN (total of 5 LAN ports) so I can connect devices to this router that need to be hardwired.

And while I'm at it - I assume OpenWRT uses the ATH9K driver?  I've been trying to learn more about OpenWRT due to all the problems I've encountered with my routers' wireless performance on the MadWifi driver bundled with DD-WRT.

Thanks for any and all help!

The discussion might have continued from here.