I just got this router Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH v1 Japanese model, and well I'm really disappointed to know that the only language is JP and I can't change it... I did a search (google) and ended up at the wiki of openwrt.
More exactly at "Locked U-Boot, too short time TFTP window".
This is what I did...
1. I connected to the router using that link (http://your.router.ip.address/cgi-bin/cgi?req=frm&frm=py-db/55debug.html), and then I enabled the telnet.
2. Since I'm using win7x64 and it already has the telnet client, I connected to the router using the "telnet 192.168.11.1".
3. I typed "# ubootenv -h" and then the help list pop out (good...i think...)
4. Well, here is thing...I don't know what to do next!
Since at the wiki says "Once there, one can use a command "ubootenv" to set above mentioned variables without trouble", and the steps to enable it to accept others firmwares are "ar7100> setenv accept_open_rt_fmt 1; ar7100> saveenv; ar7100> reset"; I tried:
1. # ubootenv setenv accept_open_rt_fmt 1 (it showed me that help list again...wrong I think)
2. # ubootenv set accept_open_rt_fmt 1 (I THINK it worked since it didn't showed that help list again, and the # came right after that)
3. I was unable to do the others 2 steps (saveenv and reset) since both showed me the help list.
I was reading the old messeges but I think all of them are talking about serial, tftp, etc... I didn't find anything about this "easy way" that wiki page was talking about.
Can someone please help me with this?
And sorry my bad english.
EDIT: When I typed ''ubootenv list" the last line showed me this "accept_open_rt_fmt 1"
So, can I flash a new firmware (english) to overwrite the old firmware (japanese)?