OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OpenWRT & Eclipse

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello!!

I would like to use Eclipse to develop my own packages for openWRT, the point is that I'm using the pdf of wiki(http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/devel/eclipse), and I have few doubts

1- after running  the command

make toolchain/install

I have to create the crosscompiler using make right?? And once done that I should look for the tool command prefix with

find ./staging_dir -path "./staging_dir/toolchain*" -name
*openwrt-linux

shouldn't I?

2 If I get this error is due to the fact that I haven't set the path and prefix properly?

make all
Building file: ../src/HelloOpenwrt.cpp
Invoking: Cross G++ Compiler
mips-openwrt-linux-g++ -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"src/HelloOpenwrt.d" -MT"src/HelloOpenwrt.d" -o "src/HelloOpenwrt.o" "../src/HelloOpenwrt.cpp"
/bin/sh: 1: mips-openwrt-linux-g++: not found
make: *** [src/HelloOpenwrt.o] Error 127

Thanks in advance!!

(Last edited by ndarkness on 28 Jun 2012, 15:14)

I have SOLVED it, I followed the steps of the tutorial in the link, but with a modification. Once you set the patt and the prefix if you compile, you will be popped an error saying that Staging_dir is not defined, so you have to do:

your project>>propierties>>C/C++ Build>> environment>>add STAGING_DIR to the variables with value the path in wich your openwrt folder is in.

Cheers!

(Last edited by ndarkness on 2 Jul 2012, 09:48)

The discussion might have continued from here.