OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: New Release Candidate

The content of this topic has been archived between 15 Apr 2018 and 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

thank you evildevil for your information!
i'm just in flashing my wgt and looking forward for the new openwrt! ^____^

hm T_T
does anyone know how to get wireless working on an wgt634u?
looks like none madwifi is installed (got an atheros wlan card, get none output after dmesg and co! >.<')

Hi.

Try this:

opkg update
opkg install kmod-madwifi
wifi detect > /etc/config/wireless
uci set wireless.@wifi-device[0].disabled=0
uci set wireless.@wifi-device[0].channel=5
wifi

If that works, wireless is started on channel 5, ssid is OpenWrt and no encryption is configured.

~ JoW

@jow

thank you, that made it! ^^
i thought madwifi was already installed and didn't find it ^^''.
that was my problem.
thank you!

greetings,
nico

ps: YEAH! power saving on my pirelli does work now! YEAH!!! *_____*

@DeusExMachina:

You'll need kmod-madwifi for basic Wifi functionality + either hostapd if you want the WGT634U to act as an WPA/WPA2 AP or wpa-supplicant if you want it to use as an WPA/WPA2 client.

Regards,
Patrick

PS:
There's a kernel module for the Broadcom encryption acceleration chip on the WGT, (kmod-ocf-ubsec-ssb) but according to http://www.danm.de/files/src/bcm5365p/ it does not work.

Is there a roadmap for 8.09? I'd like to know about RC2, Beta 1, etc...

Also, how come snapshots do not have LuCI? (Or at least 11/16/2008 didn't)

Can the profile for the Asus WL-500gP (with default broadcom wireless) be included in 8.09? It's a quite common platform and would be nice to have binary packages for it. For the profile file see:
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/4191

How can I turn on 32M of memory on my WL-500gP box using 8.09 RC1?

There are only commands with nvram utility on Wiki and nvram command is not available anymore:

nvram set sdram_init=0x0009
nvram set sdram_ncdl=0x10308
nvram commit
reboot

Please, when would be support for the SpeedTouch 580 that has cpu BCM6345KPB and wireless mini adapter BCM4306KPB and switch BCM5325MA2QM.

Can someone create a binary firmware for the SpeedTouch 580 that has BCM6345 ..please.........?

Hey.. great work. I will definitely try this one and I like to say thanks to all the team members for this..

Could you release candidate for Backfire 10.03.2 ? You've been nicely often releasing backfire candidates and now it has stopped even source is sill being updated. Any chance to get new bacfire compiled on official site?

I would very much appreciate it as well.

Will the Belkin N300 HD (F7D3301 or F7D7301, Broadcom BCM4716) or the Belkin N600 HD (F7D8301,  Broadcom BCM4323) be supported in the 10.03.2 release?
Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this project.

(Last edited by saidiadude on 30 Jul 2012, 06:40)

ye. that would be nice

thanks

Congratulations to all the developers. The hardwork of all the developers are appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who spend their time developing OpenWrt  :-)

I flashed a router for the very first time 4 days ago (15.05.1 on a TL-WR1043ND), expecting to spend hours in SSH getting my VLANs configured correctly. Boy, was I wrong :-) The web interface is very nice, and the extensive documentation likewise.

Did I mention that the FailSafe mode saved my butt when I managed to lock myself out? That feature alone is enough to convince me to stick to OpenWRT. An awsome feature :-)

Again, thanks to EVERYONE who continue to contribute to this FOSS gem.   Thank you!

(Last edited by happy on 21 Feb 2017, 22:31)

Congratulations!
Best of luck!!!

thisisnasrin wrote:

Congratulations!
Best of luck!!!

I have looked at all your 6 posts (as of this writing) and they are meaningless to any discussion threads you posted to, except they all contained your signature which pointed to an ad driven website. For that reason, I have removed the link from your signature that violates OpenWRT' ToS. Just a friendly reminder.

When will the new release of OpenWrt ?

No update yet, last release was in 2016. (Bleeding edge / trunk)

No update yet, last release was in 2017.

oh that is prety interesting to see the result

The discussion might have continued from here.