OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Cannot access router anymore

The content of this topic has been archived on 13 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi

I just bought a TP Link MR3420 and flashed it with openwrt firmware. First bootup was ok, and I was able to access to UI on 192.168.1.1.
Afterwards I changed the ip to another subnet 192.168.0.1. After also changing the subnet on my pc everything worked fine as well on the other subnet.
Now I wanted to add a new network interface (UMTS USB Modem K5005 flashed to E398). So I added the network adapter and after that reboot I'm not able to
access the router anymore. Tried a reset factory defaults (also changed subnet on my pc of course), no access to 192.168.1.1 also no ping.
So I tried failsafe: Plugin - Press QSS Button, still no access. Last I tried a continuous ping to 192.168.1.1 while the router starts up. There I got some seconds after I
started the router 2-3 retourned ping requests but after that no pings again...

Looked like this:

Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
Antwort von 192.168.1.1: Bytes=32 Zeit<1ms TTL=64
Antwort von 192.168.1.1: Bytes=32 Zeit<1ms TTL=64

I also tried using putty with serial setting and the WAN Port of the router connected directly to the pc (but what serial port should I type in ??)

So, I'm out of options. Is there any other way ?

thanks for any help
regards
Erich

The discussion might have continued from here.