OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: DreamPlug suport

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

I'd like to use OpenWRT on a DreamPlug and I'm a newbee in this kind of work.
I understand that OpenWRT already supports Sheevaplug.
Could someone help me in finding tutorials describing how to add a new platform into OpenWrt?
I hope this could be quite simple since I only have to derivate from sheevaPlug profile.

Sorry if this question has already been treated somewhere in the wiki or the forum.

Ok,

I've found the answer by myself.

Actually, Dreamplug is detected as "Marvell GuruPlug Reference Board" rather than Sheevaplug. That's quite normal because Dreamplug is more similar to GuruPlug.

Just had to include support of "Marvell GuruPlug Reference Board" in make kernel_menuconfig -> system type -> Marvell Kirkwood Implementations.
I also have deactivated the GPIO support since I met a problem during boot. I'm not sure this is necessary but I didn't tried to reactivate for the moment.

I found the answer about new platform support as well. This is described in the documentation available in the docs/ directory from the sources (chapter 2.4: "Adding platform support ").

The discussion might have continued from here.