OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Firmware for MR11u V2.0

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

As you know , the hardware version of new MR11U has been updated to V2.0, making it impossible to flash openwrt directly via web gui.  Cosmetically, the new version comes with no QSS and RESET buttons, and also gone is the annoying USB port cover. but i guess it basically has the same hardware inside as the old one.so i took a guess at its firmware header and modified it accordingly. it turned out i'm right. it works perfectly with the openwrt firmware for V1.1 after fooling it with a modified firmware. for anyone interested, you can download it from here http://115.com/file/an0gpxcg# mr11uV2-31201.7z

this firmware has most of common features built in, including 3G,blockmount, USB-storage, FTP server, DDNS and webcam.

(Last edited by sin on 26 Apr 2012, 01:36)

Thanks ! There is no luci web interface ? what 's the log in account and password ?

bearfoot wrote:

Thanks ! There is no luci web interface ? what 's the log in account and password ?

it has luci built in. everything is default with no password set

hi sin,

could you post the changes you made to the header, so that other people can build their own firmware, too. And more important,  that the developers can add the changes to the openwrt-sources to support V2.
Please!

i just change the header so the factory firmware allows openwrt to be flashed.just need to change the version number from 00110101 to 00110102.

I have generated both v1 and v2 for MR11U using the following method.
Prerequisite: You have openwrt root build system installed

Edit the following make file located in the trunk source tree.

./target/linux/ar71xx/image/Makefile

search for MR11U and you will find the following line

tlmr11u_cmdline=board=TL-MR11U console=ttyATH0,115200
define Image/Build/Profile/TLMR11U
        $(call Image/Build/Template/$(fs_64kraw)/$(1),TPLINK-LZMA,tl-mr11u-v1,$(tlmr11u_cmdline),0x00110101,1,4Mlzma)
endef

now copy the $(call Image...  line and change the hardware ID and base name, so it looks like as follows;

tlmr11u_cmdline=board=TL-MR11U console=ttyATH0,115200
define Image/Build/Profile/TLMR11U
        $(call Image/Build/Template/$(fs_64kraw)/$(1),TPLINK-LZMA,tl-mr11u-v1,$(tlmr11u_cmdline),0x00110101,1,4Mlzma)
        $(call Image/Build/Template/$(fs_64kraw)/$(1),TPLINK-LZMA,tl-mr11u-v2,$(tlmr11u_cmdline),0x00110102,1,4Mlzma)
endef

Notice I have changed the Hardware ID to 0x00110102 and changed the base name to tl-mr11u-v2
I have verified that it will generate two versions with different headers. So whenever you build v1, v2 will be built automatically. I have assumed v2 is exactly the same (except it misses two buttons). I dont know if the v2 reset button uses the same mapping as v1 reset button, but please post and let me know.

Save the Makefile and Run the make command from trunk root to build the firmware.

Note: I have not tested the output v2 firmware, but it should burn since I have changed the hardware id.

(Last edited by ron on 27 Apr 2012, 11:49)

Thanks sin and ron! I will try it when my mr11u arrives.

sin wrote:

As you know , the hardware version of new MR11U has been updated to V2.0, making it impossible to flash openwrt directly via web gui.  Cosmetically, the new version comes with no QSS and RESET buttons, and also gone is the annoying USB port cover. but i guess it basically has the same hardware inside as the old one.so i took a guess at its firmware header and modified it accordingly. it turned out i'm right. it works perfectly with the openwrt firmware for V1.1 after fooling it with a modified firmware. for anyone interested, you can download it from here http://115.com/file/an0gpxcg# mr11uV2-31201.7z

this firmware has most of common features built in, including 3G,blockmount, USB-storage, FTP server, DDNS and webcam.

chmod +x /etc/init.d/mjpg-streamer

Anyone please help me...! i would like to restore back the MR11u V2 firmware, because now i have install mr11uV2-31201 already. I cant find any original link for MR11u V2 firmware.

Help!  I can't read enough Chinese to get this file - the 115.com website wants me to log in but I have no idea how to create an account.

Hi,
I can't download the file, google translate translated the following sentence from the site
"Unbound cell phone ban the mass sharing features, please contact the resources to obtain resources" with a yellow exlamation sign.
any suggestions? can anyone re-upload the file please?

thanks

Where can I find out more (in English) about how this software build is configured?  After flashing I was able to connect to the "openwrt" WLAN and access luci at 192.168.1.1.  However, when I rebooted the MR11U with it connected to my broadband router ti appears to have come up in bridging mode - my laptop now has 10.0.0.18 for its IP address and the MR11U is nowhere to be seen.

sin wrote:

Hi,

is this procedure meant for upgrading MR11U v2 firmware  to MR3040's firmware? Please let me know, i want to upgrade my MR11u V2 to MR3040's english firmware.

Thanks in advance,

regards,
Ravi Nalla

johndoe wrote:

GUIDE. HOW TO FLASH OEM TL-MR3040 FIRMWARE

Thank you! Excellent guide! I flashed MR3040 firmware.
But now I can try openwrt again. But I can not flash it. Web-interface show error message. I use firmware from 1st post. How can I flash openwrt?

MAYBE using mr3040 openwrt "factory" image??
It's just a guess, not tested and i will not be responsable xD

For some reason after flashing on mr3040 openwrt factory I can not get access to web-interface. I just can access to telnet and ssh.
Just information.

izumeroot wrote:

For some reason after flashing on mr3040 openwrt factory I can not get access to web-interface. I just can access to telnet and ssh.
Just information.

Have you ever read openwrt (document)wiki ?

Openwrt NOT include WebUI (by default)
You have to download and install it separately after you have config your device to have internet access.
Or built your own image that pre-installed webui, or use Attitude Adjustment

Oh.. Sorry. Thanks

Strongly recommended AA images, not trunk!

Hi. I just received a TP-MR11U and want to flash it with OpenWRT/MR3040 to get English UI. However, I cannot seem to download the modified firmware from both sites. The uploaded.net site keeps saying that no more downloads available and the 115.com keeps popping up with a dialog box to go to the VIP site.

Can anyone direct me to another location or send me the file?

Thanks.

wow, it  took a whole year smile

(Last edited by ron on 20 Mar 2013, 22:16)

Hi all, I need some help with flashing. I have flashed the modded factory image from post #1 but do not know how to continue. I then continued reading that after flashing, the WebGUI is gone!

Please help sad. Novice user....

The discussion might have continued from here.