OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: T-Com SpeedPort w 303V Typ B

The content of this topic has been archived on 14 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Hmm, aeh, I don't want to disturb, but... would somebody care to put down a couple of things in the wiki: http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/devel/add.new.device

Yeah, obviously there is no "one" guide, but maybe some "general approach". And in the Examples-Section we could point out the devices with odd behavior.

I have problem with source and patchs, can You send me rom file on  leeon20(a)gmail.com

(Last edited by leeon on 4 May 2011, 15:39)

Im trying to run wifi but i cant sad I compiled Trunk with 2 patches and there is a problem with wifi  hmm

(Last edited by leeon on 9 May 2011, 09:08)

I have a T-Com SpeedPort w 303V Typ A. Is there any way to install OpenWrt on it? Please publish anybody a working firmware for Typ B, i will try it on Typ A!

Thank you!

(Last edited by LaySoft on 21 Jun 2011, 15:27)

LaySoft wrote:

I have a T-Com SpeedPort w 303V Typ A. Is there any way to install OpenWrt on it? Please publish anybody a working firmware for Typ B, i will try it on Typ A!

It won't work. Typ A has totally different hardware. In worst case you will brick it by trying to flash a typ B firmware (probably it will just reject it).

I've downloaded from trunk firmware for these device (SPW303V Annex B), but wifi isn't working, anyone have working wifi on this device?

---update---

ok, my wifi is partially working
i can't turn on wpa/wpa2 and can't turn on n-mode, only 54mbit g-mode

(Last edited by wrtg_spain on 21 Aug 2011, 14:29)

how can i install luci without internet?

KanjiMonster can you send me a bin packet with luci?

Can anyone tell me how to enable wifi? I used to have it working on my 303, but then I did a clean reinstall... ouch... wifi detect doesn't return anything... Earlier this year I compiled the image myself and it worked with:

config wifi-device  wl0
option type     broadcom
option channel  7
option hwmode   11ng
option htmode   HT20
list ht_capab   SHORT-GI-40
list ht_capab   DSSS_CCK-40
# REMOVE THIS LINE TO ENABLE WIFI:
option disabled 0

But now it doesn't like "broadcom" device and complains. wifi discover doesn't generate anything...

/sys/class/ieee80211/ is empty.

(Last edited by qus on 19 Nov 2011, 19:31)

Bump

I use config:
config 'wifi-device' 'wl0'
        option 'type' 'mac80211'

in luci i can only scan wifi network. Seds are visible but i cant connect.

(Last edited by leeon on 28 Nov 2011, 09:39)

Seeing that wl0/wlan0 is disabled and br-lan is used as wifi (see wiki http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/t-com/spw303v-b ) I was able to get *something* with following config:

config wifi-device br-lan
option type    net
option channel  7
option hwmode   11g
#option htmode   HT20
#list ht_capab   SHORT-GI-40
#list ht_capab   DSSS_CCK-40
# REMOVE THIS LINE TO ENABLE WIFI:
option disabled 0

config wifi-iface
option device   br-lan
option network  lan
option mode     ap
option ssid     proba_QUS
option encryption none

...BUT:

root@OpenWrt:~# wifi discover
/sbin/wifi: export: line 1: CONFIG_br-lan_vifs: bad variable name
root@OpenWrt:~# wifi
/sbin/wifi: export: line 1: CONFIG_br-lan_vifs: bad variable name
root@OpenWrt:~#

(Last edited by qus on 30 Dec 2011, 21:58)

leeon wrote:

I use config:
config 'wifi-device' 'wl0'
        option 'type' 'mac80211'

in luci i can only scan wifi network. Seds are visible but i cant connect.

Try option type broadcom (or better, remove the /etc/config/wireless, and do a wifi detect > /etc/config/wireless after loading the broadcom driver).

Unfortunately, even with /etc/config/wireless deleted, wifi detect > /etc/config/wireless doesn't produce anything on this device. That's the problem...

In this case there is no working driver. See if you can install kmod-brcm-wl, nas and wlc.

But I USED to have WIFI on this very same device! What do you mean there is no working driver? Someone stole it? ;-)

Hello,  is it possible to connect to the router's USB port?

Unless there are unpopulated USB pads on the board, there is no practical way of adding USB ports.

last question, is it possible to use the GPIO pins?

Not for USB, if this is what you intend to do.

The discussion might have continued from here.