OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: MZK-W04NU web interface disappeared due to incomplete flash?

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I used the stock fw all along until I recently decided to flash to OpenWRT fw. I first flashed to "ar71xx-squashfs-factory.bin" and it was successful, but then I got greedy and tried installing "ar71xx-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin". This is when things got ugly; now that when I try accessing the router's web interface it just returns "NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY". The router works perfectly fine, but I have no way of setting up the wlan and other settings. I've read dozens of posts regarding how to flash theirs to squashfs-factory, but the posts were scattered and incomplete. Could anyone please give me a simple tutorial as to how I can fix it?

I'm using Windows 7; and I tried the installing via opening two cmd's: one pinging the router, and the other one executing the "tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT openwrt-ar71xx-squashfs-factory.bin". The problem is I never got the "HARDWARE ERROR" return, and instead I always had the "GENERAL FAILURE".

I'm pretty noob to this, so please make things more explicit, thanks!

I just tried telnet, and resulted with an error "Connecting To... Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed". I've tried to switch firewalls, but I don't recall any on my PC other than the one from Windows 7.

The discussion might have continued from here.