Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

falegname wrote:

Someone says that their board has two usb 2.0.
My board has one usb 1.1 (at the top) and one usb 2.0 (near ethernet).
Maybe some difference in model board?

hey mate, one is ohci and the other is ehci, with one of my hg553 the top ohci operates as a ehci as well.

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

danitool wrote:

Well, the boards with 2 x usb2.0 + 1 x usb1.1 are HG556a, and they have exactly the same problem with the usb. Whereas for some people the usb1.1 at the top works, for others it doesn't. With OEM firmware it always works fine for me, but with Openwrt it doesn't or behaves weird as stevie7303215 described.

hey dani we all have hg553 here as posted by the original OP.

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

danitool wrote:

Well, the boards with 2 x usb2.0 + 1 x usb1.1 are HG556a, and they have exactly the same problem with the usb. Whereas for some people the usb1.1 at the top works, for others it doesn't. With OEM firmware it always works fine for me, but with Openwrt it doesn't or behaves weird as stevie7303215 described.

Ok, i have HG553, original cfe: http://repofulm.dyndns.org/index.php?di … 615_165055 , the usb 1.1 (top) works, usb 2.0 (near ethernet) doesn't work, using latest trunk (kmod-usb-core, kmod-usb-ohci, kmod-usb2, kmod-usbstorage).
With OEM firmware it always works fine for me too.

But i've tryed an old revision (r19530) and both usb work at 1.1, maybe it could help

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

falegname wrote:
danitool wrote:

Well, the boards with 2 x usb2.0 + 1 x usb1.1 are HG556a, and they have exactly the same problem with the usb. Whereas for some people the usb1.1 at the top works, for others it doesn't. With OEM firmware it always works fine for me, but with Openwrt it doesn't or behaves weird as stevie7303215 described.

Ok, i have HG553, original cfe: http://repofulm.dyndns.org/index.php?di … 615_165055 , the usb 1.1 (top) works, usb 2.0 (near ethernet) doesn't work, using latest trunk (kmod-usb-core, kmod-usb-ohci, kmod-usb2, kmod-usbstorage).
With OEM firmware it always works fine for me too.

But i've tryed an old revision (r19530) and both usb work at 1.1, maybe it could help

how do you install a cfe? I copied cfe from my good router but how do i flash it to the router thats not working?

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

stevie7303215 wrote:

how do you install a cfe? I copied cfe from my good router but how do i flash it to the router thats not working?

JTAG cable (i've made a xilinx, more easy, just 4-5 resistance 100 ohm and a lpt 25 pin connector)

if you need help with build it i can help you, send me PM

56 (edited by protomax 2012-04-01 11:38:53)

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

@stevie7303215, your cfe and mine are nearly the same, maybe the difference could be a flag value.

can you please backup and upload your nvram too (from the working one):

dd if=/dev/mtd4 of=/tmp/nvram.backup

I will try changing cfe and nvram to see if that could fix the problem, but first please confirm me that the cfe that you uploaded is not locked (you can flash from cfe holding reset button before power on)

I'm pretty sure that this issue is not revision or package related.

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

stevie7303215 wrote:

how do you install a cfe? I copied cfe from my good router but how do i flash it to the router thats not working?

Remenber, don't try this if you don't have a working jtag

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

falegname wrote:

But i've tryed an old revision (r19530) and both usb work at 1.1, maybe it could help

You have manually patched to make it work with hw553 right? can you upload it somewhere and send it to me by pvt?

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

protomax wrote:
falegname wrote:

But i've tryed an old revision (r19530) and both usb work at 1.1, maybe it could help

You have manually patched to make it work with hw553 right? can you upload it somewhere and send it to me by pvt?

no, just downloaded r19530, compiled and flashed, but i forget to say i've tryed this revision when i have AGPF-S0 cfe in my hg553

60 (edited by protomax 2012-04-01 12:32:33)

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

@stevie7303215, sorry, i made a mistake, you have a different flash layout, please do (post the output to see the difference too):

cat /proc/mtd

then

dd if=/dev/mtdX of=/tmp/nvram.backup

with "X" as the nvram partition

this is the mine

root@OpenWrt:/# cat /proc/mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 00020000 00020000 "CFE"
mtd1: 000dff00 00020000 "kernel"
mtd2: 00ee0000 00020000 "rootfs"
mtd3: 00aa0000 00020000 "rootfs_data"
mtd4: 00020000 00020000 "nvram"
mtd5: 00fc0000 00020000 "linux"

61 (edited by protomax 2012-04-01 12:29:13)

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

falegname wrote:

no, just downloaded r19530, compiled and flashed, but i forget to say i've tryed this revision when i have AGPF-S0 cfe in my hg553

Support for hw553 was added on r25590, you flashed using jtag?, which image you used?

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

For flashing a new CFE you can use flashcp

flashcp -v cfe_backup.rom /dev/mtd0

But be care, for recovering from a bad CFE flash you'll always need JTAG.

I think, instead of playing with different CFEs you should guess where is the real problem. Might be a gpio, or some magic register.

63 (edited by falegname 2012-04-01 12:43:17)

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

protomax wrote:
falegname wrote:

no, just downloaded r19530, compiled and flashed, but i forget to say i've tryed this revision when i have AGPF-S0 cfe in my hg553

Support for hw553 was added on r25590, you flashed using jtag?, which image you used?

i've used this cfe image: http://repofulm.dyndns.org/index.php?dir=ramponis/Vodafone%20Station/CFE/&file=cfe.bin

for flashing i've used alice3_bis: http://www.freefilehosting.net/alicedebrick03bistar

then the image to use is openwrt-AGV2-etc.... .bin
OR openwrt-AGPF-S0-etc.... .bin
depends of revision you are using

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

protomax wrote:

@stevie7303215, sorry, i made a mistake, you have a different flash layout, please do (post the output to see the difference too):

cat /proc/mtd

then

dd if=/dev/mtdX of=/tmp/nvram.backup

with "X" as the nvram partition

this is the mine

root@OpenWrt:/# cat /proc/mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 00020000 00020000 "CFE"
mtd1: 000dff00 00020000 "kernel"
mtd2: 00ee0000 00020000 "rootfs"
mtd3: 00aa0000 00020000 "rootfs_data"
mtd4: 00020000 00020000 "nvram"
mtd5: 00fc0000 00020000 "linux"

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /proc/mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 00020000 00020000 "CFE"
mtd1: 000fff00 00020000 "kernel"
mtd2: 00ec0000 00020000 "rootfs"
mtd3: 00020000 00020000 "nvram"
mtd4: 00fc0000 00020000 "linux"
root@OpenWrt:~#

root@OpenWrt:~# dd if=/dev/mtd3 of=/tmp/nvram.backup
256+0 records in
256+0 records out
root@OpenWrt:~#

I have uploaded it to the link i sent in the last pm. no probs if we help florian it may get done quicker

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

I have changed cfe and nvram (using a "working" one), problem persists

this means:

This is not flash related

There is some kind of extra rom chip or a volatile configuration, IMHO

66 (edited by stevie7303215 2012-04-01 16:30:13)

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

what about if there is 2 different hg553 boards and 1 board is ohci only for both ports? like what falegname mentioned earlier that ohci did work on a earlier version.  and my second router has ohci and ehci support?

I looked at both of my hg 553 routers and one is a bright white and the other a cream colour white. they are both spanish but there is a slight difference in the logos. the router that doesnt work has a code of CE0168 on the back in large letters.

I flashed a hacked dlink firmware which was built with some openwrt packages for the hg553,(samba webcam and usb drive support) It has a built in dmesg for usb drives.

the dmesg from the hacked dlink  the zte modem was in the top usb and the flashdrive was in the bottom. It does detect usb 2.0 but loads ohci 1.1 for both usb ports. I also noticed on the dlink version ohci has MxCH=2 and openwrt has MxCH=1 maybe the new openwrt version is prebuilt for 1 ohci or this is automatically detected?

T:  Bus=02 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#=  1 Spd=12  MxCh= 2 <---- (on openwrt this shows as 1)
B:  Alloc=  0/900 us ( 0%), #Int=  0, #Iso=  0
D:  Ver= 1.10 Cls=09(hub  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 2.06
S:  Manufacturer=Linux 2.6.8.1 ohci_hcd
S:  Product=OHCI Host Controller
S:  SerialNumber=0000:00:09.0
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr=  0mA
I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   2 Ivl=255ms

T:  Bus=02 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#=  2 Spd=12  MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=19d2 ProdID=0031 Rev= 0.00
S:  Manufacturer=ZTE,Incorporated
S:  Product=ZTE CDMA Technologies MSM
S:  SerialNumber=1234567890ABCDEF
C:* #Ifs= 4 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=500mA
I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
I:  If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
E:  Ad=82(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=02(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
I:  If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=usb-storage
E:  Ad=03(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=83(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
I:  If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
E:  Ad=84(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  64 Ivl=5ms
E:  Ad=85(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=04(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms

T:  Bus=02 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=02 Dev#=  3 Spd=12  MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=090c ProdID=1000 Rev=11.00
S:  Manufacturer=SMI Corporation
S:  Product=USB DISK
S:  SerialNumber=AA04012700007535
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=100mA
I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=usb-storage
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=02(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms

T:  Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#=  1 Spd=480 MxCh= 2
B:  Alloc=  0/800 us ( 0%), #Int=  0, #Iso=  0
D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub  ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 2.06
S:  Manufacturer=Linux 2.6.8.1 ehci_hcd
S:  Product=EHCI Host Controller
S:  SerialNumber=0000:00:0a.0
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=  0mA
I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   2 Ivl=256ms




usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using address 2

usb_host_led 0 on, led=14 in hub.c hub_port_init()
usb 2-1: not running at top speed; connect to a high speed hub
scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
  Vendor: ZTE       Model: MMC Storage       Rev: 2.31
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
USB Mass Storage device found at 2
usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using address 3

usb_host_led 1 on, led=15 in hub.c hub_port_init()
usb 2-2: not running at top speed; connect to a high speed hub
scsi1 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
  Vendor: USB       Model: Flash Disk        Rev: 1100

67 (edited by falegname 2012-04-01 16:27:57)

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

From a working firmware can we have information about GPIOs? Like address, enabled gpio....

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

falegname wrote:

From a working firmware can we have information about GPIOs? Like address, enabled gpio....

Sure, just tell me what you want me to type into the console.

69 (edited by falegname 2012-04-01 16:39:23)

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

stevie7303215 wrote:
falegname wrote:

From a working firmware can we have information about GPIOs? Like address, enabled gpio....

Sure, just tell me what you want me to type into the console.

i don't know what commands are avaible in this dlink firmware, somethings like "cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio"?

In this ticket: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/11200  Florian ask to do this, maybe it helps to know if some gpio is "enabled" in working firmware..

70 (edited by stevie7303215 2012-04-01 16:55:07)

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

falegname wrote:
stevie7303215 wrote:
falegname wrote:

From a working firmware can we have information about GPIOs? Like address, enabled gpio....

Sure, just tell me what you want me to type into the console.

i don't know what commands are avaible in this dlink firmware, somethings like "cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio"?

In this ticket: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/11200  Florian ask to do this, maybe it helps to know if some gpio is "enabled" in working firmware..

yea i replied, i have the thai and the openwrt. my working thai router gpios match protomax non working router. I will see if I can do the dlink now.

71 (edited by protomax 2012-04-01 17:04:48)

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

@stevie7303215

-please tell where did you found the dlink firmware.

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

protomax wrote:

@stevie7303215

please tell where did you found the dlink firmware.

ages ago i will upload it. it has adsl support too.
fl.thruhere.net
if anyone else wants to try it.

username and pw
admin admin

the utilities are in extras.

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

@stevie7303215

-can you post a full dmesg of both routers?
-do you mind to make some pictures about 2 routers?

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

I have just uploaded the pics of the routers, the router with the lights on works with ehci, u cant really see from the photo but the colours are slightly different too.

Re: [bcm63xx] Usb2 not working on Huawei HG553

how do i get a full dmesg?
when i use the console i cant get the whole message.