OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TPLink TL-WR941ND tried to move eth port, safemode useless

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I tried to separate out the eth4 lan port to a separate "network config" using luci, and created a new Lan group called dmz.

at same time, I then disabled the dhcp on these ports.

Now, when I try to start safemode, or otherwise, these ports seem to be disconnected from any lan interface.

Because of this, I cannot connect to router from safe mode.

Ideas? pointers in a direction?

If I make a serial cable, can I re-flash, or reset to defaults from the serial port? or can I only do this via telnet at this stage?

If I can only do via telnet, how do I get the lan ports back into the lan group.

TIA

Aj

If possible, - could someone point me in direction of wiring diag for a serial cable. I have plenty of old modem cables here?

or some definative *howto* to mod a serial cable would be great. thanks

Aj

cheers - thanks for that..  (i tried it before my original post.)

It does not work. I get the really fast blinking on the sys light.

and similar blinking on the eth light.

but cannot ping, nor see 192.168.1.1

(Last edited by ajajaj2 on 21 Feb 2012, 23:50)

*bump*

from my reading, if I take a powered (2 plugs in back of PC, to 1 plug in back of USB HDD) USB cable.

cut off the HDD end, and match up internal wires of this cable to port on motherboard as described in this picture, http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr941nd#serial

(along with bridging the other point as illustrated)

then when I plug in that USB cable, back into the PC, it should recognise as a serial port (over USB?)

The discussion might have continued from here.