OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Bricked WAG354G v1(red power led)

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have a linksys wag354g that recently stopped working(it just stopped working. Woke up one day, noticed i had no internet connection and found out that the router wouldn't work). Now when i turn it on( that is connect the power adapter) the power led turns red and stays like that. I tried to send a new firmware using tftp but there is no response from the router(even ping wont work). Following the pinout on the wiki i soldered some headers for the serial port and tried to connect to it but i get nothing(and even when i tried to connect a speaker i got nothing which worries me). I also tried to jtag to the router but neither urjtag or hairydairymaid will detect the chip(cable works, i have tested it on an old pda...). Is there anything i can try or should i just throw it away? Thanks in advance...

I don't know about a Linksys WAG354G device. However, on a Linksys PAP2 device, a red color on power LED usually associates with a bad AC/DC adapter. See if replacing the AC/DC adapter will fix this issue.

thanks for the quick reply! i think i have another one so i will report back with any results in about 2 hours....

turns out the adapter is fine......could it be a faulty capacitor or something like that?

I've a WAG354G that has the exact same symptoms.

AC/DC is adaptor is fine, I've resoldered new capacitors on the board, and the 30/30/30 reset doesn't work.

Is JTAG possible? I'm quite confused on which JTAG program I should use or what should I even do after I get JTAG working. Anyone has any ideas on how I should proceed?

The discussion might have continued from here.