OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TL-WR842ND Support / Flashing

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hallo,

I want to try the TL-MR3420 firmware(openwrt-ar71xx-tl-mr3420-v1-squashfs-factory.bin) on my TL-WR842ND as the hardware is so to say the same. But I always run into the problem that the firmware is not accepted because of the file name even if I name it like the original firmware (wr842ndv1_en_3_12_15_up(110830).bin) or increase version and date. Error message is:
Error code: 18005 Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

The original firmware is accepted. So it seems like not only the filename is checked?!
Has anybody already flashed this router or has any suggestion on how to deal with this Problem?
Thanks in advance.

no way you can flash without serial console, you should wait the proper factory.bin!

anyway, it has 8 MB of flash vs 4 MB of the mr3420...

nebbia88 wrote:

no way you can flash without serial console, you should wait the proper factory.bin!

anyway, it has 8 MB of flash vs 4 MB of the mr3420...

this would be great if it has 8MB flash, the 4MB are the only problem of many (cheap) tp-link devices.

(Last edited by eleon216 on 9 Feb 2012, 19:31)

Ah yeah I overlooked the 4mb thing smile. Then I'll try building from source.

DesertF0x wrote:

Then I'll try building from source.

i don't think you will find a profile for 842 nowdays, it's wip!

Great! wink

are led's and buttons all working fine??

(Last edited by nebbia88 on 15 Feb 2012, 21:11)

Hay guys... i have a wr1043... happy with it.. but... i want to try wr842 on it.. is possible a way to put 842 on 1043... usb characteristics better.

Thanks in advance

i really can't understand the question..

can you explain better? what usb characteristics are you talking about?

Ok.. i talk about depot firm.. 1043 has only usb storage capable... 842 is printer, media and storage. i want to put 842 fw on a 1043... is possible?

(Last edited by edyasia on 6 Apr 2012, 17:35)

don't think so!! different firmwares for different HW...

anyway this forum is to talk about OPENWRT,  completely different from original firmware ^^

you can put that features on your 1043 if you flash openwrt, but beaware that you must install and configure what you need, it's not "plug and play" like stock firmware.

The discussion might have continued from here.