OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: pls help me configure both wan for backup each other

The content of this topic has been archived on 16 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello..
I just installed openwrt RC.6 on my tplink WR1043ND.
i can setup wireless client conneting to hotpsot1 using the internal wireless from tplink, and also i plug usb wireless dongle and setup wireless client connecting to hotspot2.
both wireless client connected, i want to share again to lan port or access point router from tplink.
i didn't use multiwan for the moment. i just create 2 radio. 1st radio become wireless client to hotspot1 & access point (sharing to my home), and 2nd radio (usb wireless dongle) become wireless client connect to hotspot2. both hotspot1 & hotspot2 using dhcp and get the same class of ip address (192.168.1.x).
the questions is, how to configure those connections so that if 1 hotspot broken, it will be redirect to 2nd hotspot and vice versa.
with my configuration, traffic always come from hotspot1, but when i access http://192.168.1.1 from web, it's show the router web from hotspot2. what's wrong ? why traffic come from hotspot1, but the router page is from hotspot2 ? could it be, because both hotspot1 & 2 using same gateway & ip's class ?

why no one can give me solutions ?

The discussion might have continued from here.