OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: [sysadmin] Paypal donations

The content of this topic has been archived on 12 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I've just recieved word from our sysadmin ksilebo of increasing server bills; please consider helping him out by making a donation at the following link:
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but04.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
<input type="hidden" name="encrypted" value="-----BEGIN PKCS7-----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-----END PKCS7----- ">
</form>

EDIT: Graphical status!

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksi_donationbar.jpg

I'll update it as they come in. Last month was almost entirely paid for (I think I had something like $10 out of pocket).

I just wanted to personally say thanks for all the donations I've gotten. I greatly appreciate the help!

80$ needed?
Wow that is much.
What is all included? Is it a vserver or is for Openwrt dedicated server needed? How much traffic is included in server options and how much is needed on a monthly base?

Greetings

Blackvel

I am still waiting for the graphical status to change in order to see, how much is still needed to cover the costs.

Unfortunately, the last update was on 8th of Dec, which is around two weeks ago.

Sorry, I was in the process of moving across the country and my laptop lacked the photoshop source files and my computer was probably halfway between Michigan and Nevada. But I'm now nice and set up in Michigan and freezing my ass off, and thus the image is updated.

I like how I couldn't click it if I wanted to, because the HTML is both not being rendered and is breaking the frames.

It would be nice if on the graph or in that message it also had the date due, as it might better show the need level at the given moment.

Gee, everyone is a critic!

And yes, I am saying this AFTER making a donation.

Big THANK YOU for the site.

-Robert

This is my first donation ever. OpenWRT is simply worth it. Keep up the awesome work!

This is more for the sysadmins:

When I saw that $80/month hosting bill, I thought to myself -- ouch!  A good friend of mine has bandwidth running out his ears and could easily beat that price.  Send an eMail to wade@fastfreedom.net -- he is an avid (ab)user of his WRTs and would happily support the project in any way possible.

I realize that PayPal donations are nice, but if you can effectively lower your bill, it's as good as a recurring donation (unless there are politics involved with the current ISP, which those people who are donating should be made aware of regardless). big_smile

*snip*

Its a colocated server hosting more than just OpenWRT that I own. It also hosts the CVS and the IRC bot. OpenWRT takes up a good portion of the total bandwidth of the server and resources. Whenever the donations don't cover it that month, I just pay it out of pocket, or if I actually get overages, it just carries over to the next month. So basically, it isn't just a massively inflated hosting package.

How much traffic is openwrt.org generating? Maybe i can sponsor?
let me know.

Bout time I donated. Hope it helps smile Keep up the great work!!

Is there any way to get a bill (maybe hosting bill) for a donation? It would ease up the procedure for donations from companies.

Shining wrote:

Is there any way to get a bill (maybe hosting bill) for a donation? It would ease up the procedure for donations from companies.

I can send you an invoice as a PDF or I think you can use the paypal recipt you get in your inbox after the donation.

(Last edited by Ksilebo on 10 Jun 2005, 03:54)

Just submitted a modest (20 USD) donation. You guys are doing a tremendous job.  I was using the Sveasoft f1rmwarez, til they turned into psychlos with a Gates complex. Keep up the good work.

Sorry for the enormous gravedigging, anyway SPI payments (for donations) don't work well on my pc (both IE or Firefox), so, can i use this paypal account to do a donation?

(Last edited by pier4r on 23 Oct 2011, 16:24)

The discussion might have continued from here.