Re: Another Siemens SE505 upgrade

Looks good,

just try to flash a CFE version which is known to work( the original one or mine) and see what happens. Since your SE505 doesn't work at all there's no need for a backup.

if your router stopped working after setting wrong clkfreq value in nvram, a -erase:nvram should be enough.

axc27

53 (edited by Dissident 2010-01-30 01:44:45)

Oups... I already made "erase wholeflash"... sad And uploaded original CFE. Console told me that all is ok (100% uploaded), but what should I do next? Se505 does not answer on ping 192.168.2.1 (network card in computer 192.168.2.50). Same situation with 192.168.1.1 and 0.1. I supposed to load firmware through TFTP client. But if router does not answer on ping, how can I do this?
Thanks a lot for your answers.

My router has Reset button mod (I removed C365 after fail with overclocking, I hoped that will help). Does it affect anything?
Before I uploaded CFE I made "short" in C365 contact, because all what I saw before on any comand was "Enabling memory writes". After "short" erase wholeflash and flash cfe worked fine.

I am sorry that I spend your time, I just want to make all for recovering this unit. What a pity that I didn't look here before erasing whole flash if erasing nvram was enough. sad

Funnel wrote:

Hi muziling,

if you use a different toolchain than I'm doing you will most probably get a bin with different size. Just test it and see if it works.

Regards
Funnel

It works , thanks

Dissident wrote:

Oups... I already made "erase wholeflash"... sad And uploaded original CFE. Console told me that all is ok (100% uploaded), but what should I do next? Se505 does not answer on ping 192.168.2.1 (network card in computer 192.168.2.50). Same situation with 192.168.1.1 and 0.1. I supposed to load firmware through TFTP client. But if router does not answer on ping, how can I do this?

My router has Reset button mod (I removed C365 after fail with overclocking, I hoped that will help). Does it affect anything?
Before I uploaded CFE I made "short" in C365 contact, because all what I saw before on any comand was "Enabling memory writes". After "short" erase wholeflash and flash cfe worked fine.

I am sorry that I spend your time, I just want to make all for recovering this unit. What a pity that I didn't look here before erasing whole flash if erasing nvram was enough. sad

Hi Dissident,

do you have a serial console connected? If yes, what does it show?

Funnel wrote:

Hi Dissident,

Hi
I don't have serial console cable, should I use TTL-COM interpreter?

Dissident wrote:
Funnel wrote:

Hi Dissident,

Hi
I don't have serial console cable, should I use TTL-COM interpreter?

Would be very helpful

Dissident wrote:

Hi Dissident
the same thing once happened on my 7231-4p 4m/64m.  I could flash Funnel's 64m CFE and the console told me 'it is ok'.
but the router never answered on 192.168.2.1.

recently, I finally figured out that I must flash a original nvram at the same time.(erase wholeflash,then flash cfe and flash nvram). then press the reset button for more than 20 sec.  the router will work.

jiewenxu wrote:

recently, I finally figured out that I must flash a original nvram at the same time.(erase wholeflash,then flash cfe and flash nvram). then press the reset button for more than 20 sec.  the router will work.

There should be no need to flash the NVRAM. Just hold reset button pressed during power on (Important: reset must be pressed while SE505 is booting) for more than 20 seconds. Doing this cfe erases NVRAM and writes default settings. Even a complete erased FLASH works with this procedure.

Regards
Funnel

Is there a easy way to change default settings in cfe ? (i.e. MAC adresses ?) I have 3 Pcs of SE505 ,and all of them have the same MAC from funnel CFE...

mig25 wrote:

Is there a easy way to change default settings in cfe ? (i.e. MAC adresses ?) I have 3 Pcs of SE505 ,and all of them have the same MAC from funnel CFE...

nvram set et0macaddr=00:vv:ww:xx:yy:zz
nvram set et1macaddr=00:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee
nvram commit
reboot

Regards
Funnel

Thank You for your answer ! This can be done , but only for this moment when you not changing firmware (and reseting nvram) , or pressing reset button for 5s...) My question is how to easly change it in default settings. They are hidden in cfe.bin....

Best regards

mig25 wrote:

Thank You for your answer ! This can be done , but only for this moment when you not changing firmware (and reseting nvram) , or pressing reset button for 5s...) My question is how to easly change it in default settings. They are hidden in cfe.bin....

Best regards

The only way to do this is to use the CFE sources you can find somewhere inside this thread, modify the default settings and compile your own cfe

Regards

What about 'backfire' on SE505 (with enhanced memory as discussed this thread)? Are there any experiences yet?
ciao
Oeli

65 (edited by mig25 2011-01-03 17:50:29)

I'm running backfire 2.4 core ,and working fine. But under 2.6 core USB not working at all. Running "opkg install kmod-usb-ohci" in 2.4 case starts usb port ( you can see it typing dmesg command , or thue serial port) , in 2,6 case nothing happen...
Anyone have some expirience with USB on SE505 with Backfire 2.6 core ?

mig25 wrote:

I'm running backfire 2.4 core ,and working fine. But under 2.6 core USB not working at all. Running "opkg install kmod-usb-ohci" in 2.4 case starts usb port ( you can see it typing dmesg command , or thue serial port) , in 2,6 case nothing happen...

That sounds good. How did you do it? Have you taken a precompiled package or have you compiled it by yourself? I got some trouble while trying to compile it.

Oeli

I use standard precompiled package.

Why bother about 2.6 kernel on broadcom ? USB isn't stable on it
Instead try use Tomato USB mod.
My SE505v2 mods are: 64Mb ram ,integrated 4-ports usb port ,overclock@240Mhz
running Tomato 1.27.8744 vpn3.6 ND USB VPN for while and still kicking smile
rgds
nicefile

history: WR1043ND v1.8 64Mb,WGT634U,FON2101,FON2201,FON2202,WRT54GS v1.1,WRT54G v.2.0,WRT-414
current: SE505v2 64Mb+USB TomatoUSB ,WR703N 64Mb Openwrt

mig25 wrote:

I have some trouble using backfire 2.4 (/backfire/10.03/brcm-2.4/openwrt-brcm-2.4-squashfs.trx) on SE505. The dhcp client, which should receive an IP-address on the SE505's wan interface, does not to work and instead of that, the router seems to bridge from lan to wan,  i.e. a client in private LAN of the SE505 receives IP-addresses from another DHCP-server in superior lan at the SE505's WAN interface.
Any suggestions what's wrong and how to fix it?
ciao
Oeli