OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: DLink DIR-615 rev. H1 (Ralink RT3352): OpenWRT support?

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Jan 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Dear all,

I have a DLink DIR-615 rev. H1 with Ralink RT3352 and I would like to know if it is possible to install OpenWRT on it? I'm asking this because there is only available a firmware to RT3052 which has a different (internal) architecture.

Does anybody tried to compile an OpenWRT firmware for RT3052 and installed it on RT3352?
If I'm the first one trying this, what precautions should I take?

Regards,

s0cks.

(Last edited by s0cksr00lz on 23 Sep 2011, 15:18)

Nobody? sad

Up

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the firmware you're looking for.

However, DIR-615 devices have a firmware recovery console which makes them very difficult to brick and perfect to experiment with.

To access the recovery console follow the instructions at the end of this thread: https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=28086

I'm interested in that too. Is there any chance?

The FCC ID-number for D-Link DIR615-H1 is: KA2IR615H1

(Last edited by kudlacz on 22 Oct 2011, 15:31)

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank BarryChopper. Your post encouraged me to try! smile

But, about the upgrade of RT3352 with RT305X fw, forget it! sad

I compiled the trunk version (kamikaze) for RT305X and flashed several versions to the router and it didn't work.
I tried DIR-600 B1/B2 and DIR-615 D1 (from DDWRT) and none of them worked. I also tried a "clean linux" fw version... but without success!

Fortunately I recovered my device to the original firmware without any problem.

So, we have to wait for a specific firmware to RT335X.

Regards.

maurer wrote:

for rt3352 try wive-ng and report back
it says it supports this cpu
http://wive-ng.sourceforge.net/?WR-NL_R … _izmeneniy

I'm not able to download their firmware... because they used a IP class C (192.168.*.*)!
The links are only accessible on their local network...

sad

Will the H1 ever get openwrt support?

The discussion might have continued from here.