OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Firefly media server (mt-daapd) svn-1737

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Sorry about the crosspost on General Discussion, but I feel here would have been a better place.

I've compiled the latest revision of mt-daapd, a.k.a. Firefly Media Server for OpenWrt. Here is the Makefile, files and patches.
It works great on my DIR-825 B1 with both Roku Soundbridge and Mac iTunes.
The patches corrects a nasty problem with persistence of the songs database, but only for sqlite2 for now. I didn't test the playlist feature, nor ogg/flac decoding. In fact ogg, musepack and flac are not enabled in my Makefile.

Issues that needs to be solved:
- Using sqlite2, don't try to rescan your library on the first run the database is created, you will end with duplicate entries.
- Using sqlite3 the database is not persisted thru successive runs of mt-daapd.
- Numerous bugs and SEGVs when using the web interface.
- The config file that gets installed has to be modified for the server to run. The most important setting is cache_dir, that should point preferably to an external storage. This directory should be writable by user nobody.

Still the server is very usable and allowed me to replace my dead nslu2.

I also uploaded the package for DIR-825 if you are using snapshot/trunk as myself.

Hello,
I am looking for the latest svn of mt-daapd (1696) as package for ar71xx routers (WR1043ND with OpenWRT trunk here). Unfortunately I have no experience in compiling stuff from source, so I am not able to try it myself. Has anybody the toolchain for package creation ready to make an mt-daapd-svn package?

The source can be found at http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org/version.php . I had the svn 1696 version running on my uNSLUng box for some years without problems, I consider it as stable enough for daily usage.

Thanks in advance, Goemon GC

The discussion might have continued from here.